Ohwell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I see 5 conroes in this forum I will start a seperate table with Conroe ONLY processors and possibly next gen AMD processors if they get similar scores.

Im getting an X2 3800+. I cant spend that much money and I can get most likely get it running at a pretty high speed. Im just wondering though which stepping I should get or if AMD is discontinuing them soon because there moving to AM2 and thats it.

Well I get my X2 3800 tomorrow!:D:D For a grand total of $214 Canadian tax in. I'm quite content :). I want to see if I can get into the top 10 or maybe the top 5 in the SuperPI thread and how high I can take this one. I think I'll leave the IHS on for a while:p.

Well since SuperPI runs on only one core, it's technically a 3800 to me :p But seriously, post your superpi times and such and some nice screen shots >_<

Well the thing is it comes stock a 2.0GHz and my 3000 was only 1.8GHz. This means (potentially) I'll be able to get a higher overall clock speed with my ram running at the same max speed. I'm hoping to be able to get it to 3.0GHz but definetly not counting on it. I'll be happy with something around 2.7 or 2.8 because that extra 200MHz really won't make that much of a difference in most applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom