Ohwell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
So I tried removing my IHS and basically my chip is screwed lol. I used an exacto which was working well until i went just a bit too deep and broke one of the transistors. It's not that big a deal because I'm upgrading to dual-core. I would have like to have kept the CPU but there's not too much that I can do now. The price drop is also putting me at ease.I did do a good job on my thumb hehe...

So if I ever decide to remove the IHS on my new CPU I'll know what I'm doing.

Sucks man, cause now you're gunna beat the crap out of us in SuperPI. :p

What kind are you getting? And what motherboard?

ouch, i remember the first time i cut myself with an exacto, was in grade 7, and i was cutting vertically and it slipped and cut along the side of my finger nail, deep into my finger.

i twirled a butterfly knife and managed to get a finger between the blade and handle.. was a big heavy knife that i just sharpened.. least with a razor, it dont hurt as bad,, almost dont even feel it unless you see it

I was actually putting a new blade in another exacto to get it ready to start cutting but it got stuck and I had a fun time pulling it out. The thing is I was pulling out away from me but somehow it slipped. Must be the lack of sleep...I haven't slept since yesterday (nightshift) lol because of work...stupid McDonalds. I'm just getting a 3800+ and overclocking the crap out of it, just like me 3000+. I'm sticking with my MSI 939 for a while. I'll see what I can do with SUPER PI, I'm hoping that I'm as successful with this chip as I was with my 3000 in overclocking terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom