Often shut down with 3.0 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Posting this for a friend because he can't remember he's login and has to wait 15 mins lol, and had to go soon. he'll reply when he can.

Often when he plays BF2, his temps on his 1055t get pretty high and his comp turns off.

He says there's a featuere in bios that disables an option for the computer to shut off at a certain temperature, not sure on this though. He has a m4a89gtd pro mobo (with no usb 3 he says there's a difference)

So the question is, where is it in the bios and what is it called?

This is his water cooling:Thermaltakeusa » Thermaltakeusa » BigWater 760is : BigWater 760is CL-W0121

We are real life friends so we have basically the same build, since we were both doing a budget gaming PC and his has a bit of problems.

Hey guys, This is iceyc0ld's friend that is having this problem. Okay so the deal is that most of the time that I play a game such as BFBC2 or Crysis my computer randomly restarts. I'm guessing that its because my setting that came stock are that after it reached 45 Celsius the computer would shut down. I'm wondering if theres any that I can turn that off. Also I have to mention my worst error I have made, I didn't put thermal paste on the water cooling, I know I know its bad but I just haven't gotten time to fix this. I'm going to try this weekend coming up to put the paste.
Thanks guys appreciate you help ;)

If you didn't TIM it youre frying you cpu...... AND IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE IT YOURE AN IDIOT.

The issue is youre cpu might read 45 but is hitting much higher and is shutting down to stop damage. No TIM is youre issue, and only putting it on will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom