*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

that board was delicious w/ overclocking!!! it's how i hit about 4.0ghz on my ol' e6600

this was something like 3.997.. but i didnt get a pic of the cpu-z shot cuz the compy gave me bsod...
pie4.jpg

shp.jpg

my corsair ram was my horrible difficulty w/ these super pi's... they didn't allow for too much over ddr800

heh...You sure do live up to your name.

you just can't be scared to ruin your hardware.. hahaha.. more like bravery, rather than anything else :p and finding odd ways to cool things

If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to pump that voltage.

what is up w/ these new amd's LOSING TO MY OLD S939 OPTERON 146... thats at a lower clock!

i almost want to buy myself my opteron 146 again, and an abit kn8-sli.. hahaha

or i could buy a new am2 system and 5000+ BE..... but i think going old school would be more fun.. and cheaper! and i still have my g.skill ddr500

i think people should take note to this.. and i think this could be posted in the original post as well

For faster super pi times... try these!!

close down all un-needed background application
open task manager and set super pi to run under real time... and while super pi is running.. DO NOT MOVE THE MOUSE OR PUSH ANYTHING
and always... run it more than 1 time.. the 2nd run always seems to be a tad bit faster
super pi is all about memory timing... so get the timings tight... and push some fast frequencies... crucial ballistix should love this test... can't wait til i own em

if you really wanna get extreme w/ it...
delete most unused icons on your desktop
use smallest screen resolution
set your desktop theme to the older windows xp

i have nooooo idea... i think my RAM timings are still mostly at 5, instead of 4... gotta bump those down... other than that... i dunno! very odd, indeed... : / - RK

If you look at RK's screen, he has quite a bit going on in the background. I see folding and steam.

NosBoost300 said:
what is up w/ these new amd's LOSING TO MY OLD S939 OPTERON 146... thats at a lower clock!
You probably had a blank background, and minimal desktop icons, right?

If you look at RK's screen, he has quite a bit going on in the background. I see folding and steam.

VERY true... im super-multitasking just at the moment... trillian, firefox, utorrent, folding, steam... lol it goes on and on... ill go back and close everything down, then see if i cant get a little better score... tomorrow... im sleepy... haha... :) - RK

yes, my secrets are posted

so use em! lets get competitive in here

like in our old super pi thread that charles scott was running

Back
Top Bottom