*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

hense the black edition, i got this 3800+ down from 47s, to 32s..

from stock to my max OC at 2.9ghz

im sure i can do it with this XFX geforce 8200 motherboard and x2 5400+ black edition cpu=)

i'll be sure and post a screen shot next week for you nay-sayers

and if this 5400+ black edition, new motherboard, better ram, CANT beat my skt939 3800+ with a cheap-o Asus board and DDR400,.

i have serious issues=)

I have a black edition chip...the main thing is just an unlocked multi.

heres my laptop:

laptop_superpi.png

Well i decided to get

XFX GeForce 8200 Motherboard CPU Bundle - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor 2.60GHz Black Edition at TigerDirect.com

That motherboard should allow for some decent overclocking, and the processor is 2.7ghz stock, (only 200mhz lower than what i was able to achieve with this 3800+)

im going to try and push for 3.4ghz

(also i noticed it has an 8-pin 12-volt connector for the motherboard, so i'll need to get a dual molex to 12-volt 8pin adapter i guesS)

if you guys have any other ideas on this upgrade for the same price (around 150~usd)
please let me know

the reason i picked the XFX 8200 mobo, is it has 8200 integrated graphics, and im going to be stuck with integrated graphics for a few weeks untill i get a 4850.

i'd rather use that 8200 than many of the other onboard solutions, and i should be able to maintain 30-40fps in games @ 1024x768, so i'll still be able to play CSS untill my video upgrade.

(when im done pushing this thing to the limit next week i'll post my superpi times, and when i said "in the 20s" i meant 29 or 28 or so, .. i honestly think i should be able to get it=)

any input is welcome and appreciated though

A 780G board will actually be better than the geforce 8200.

3.4ghz will be extremely hard to achieve...youre gonna need a high end cooler like the sunbeam core contact and some really nice ram to try to get there.

i've got a decent cooler, do you know of any good 780g motherboard/cpu combos around 150? i found a few, but they are more like 170~ or 180

^3.4ghz is the very edge of what that cpu can do on air. Don't be surprised if it isn't stable. You will need over 1.5v to make it stable, and that isn't a voltage that i would want to run 24.7.

Yeah and it highly depends on what board.....my board wont run mine past 3.1ghz unless i use very high voltage.

not 24/7, i just want to get a good superpi time,

this 3800+ is BARELY stable at 2.9ghz (i just ran a few benchmarks)

and i run it at 2.55ghz 24/7

so im thinking 3.0ghz will be a bit better *2.8ghz was stable, but i ended up with a few corrupted files after a few days, and i didnt want to push my luck with another corrupted windows installation*

what do you think i can push that e2180 to? and will it be faster than the x2 5400+ in games?? (i know superpi is gonna love it, but im interested in game performance mostly)

Depending if its a good batch or not anywhere from 3.0-3.6. Took me absolutely no extra vcore to 2.95 but needed a ton for anything after that. I must of had a horrible batch

Back
Top Bottom