*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

i dunno dooooood.....its a pretty golden chip. kinda like my 8800...probably just hang on to that for a no-card emergency (so i dont have to con circuit city lol), unless someone here on the forums just has to have a trustworthy well taken care of card. i dont mind looking at it in its box :D. at least i have it if my 4870 blows up.

I am planning on getting Westmere. Not so sure about Bloomfield 50/50 chance. Depends on how long I will keep a Wolfdale & Yorkfield.

I would like to get a Q9550 sometime early next year since the price should have dropped and I probably won't be able to hold of the urge to upgrade much longer than that. That's assuming I don't get a dell mini 12 netbook (think macbook air but a fraction of the price and not made by apple).

That pretty much means I won't be getting nehalem.

I would like to get a Q9550 sometime early next year since the price should have dropped and I probably won't be able to hold of the urge to upgrade much longer than that. That's assuming I don't get a dell mini 12 netbook (think macbook air but a fraction of the price and not made by apple).

That pretty much means I won't be getting nehalem.

You currently have a E2180 and upgrading to a Q9550 is a nice performance jump. But I still have a P4 HT 3GHz which just died because the PSU isn't working well.

The difference between that p4 and a Core i7 or yorkfield system will be unbelievable.

After I build my system every time I tried to use the p4 family system I would freeze the stupid thing because I was so used to doing to many things at the same time. I was so glad to replace that thing with a Athlon X2.

The family pc here is a just a 2.0ghz celeron but i have the system pretty well optimized. Think ill update it soon, get a new case and monitor fopr it along with keyboard and mouse bundle.

Everything else is fine since its pretty much just used for internet/email and word.

i've got a 1.8ghz turion x2 that isn't fast by any means but i've got vista on it (2gb ram) and the thing is a breeze. absolutely no slowdown at all. its all about working with what you've got and making it all work well which is easy enough to do

I think my P4 is fast. But everytime I use it I think it is getting slower. It is the only desktop I owned while I have like 8 laptops because I move a lot before. I dont see small differences with the P4 and my core 2 dou laptop. My P4 temps were around 35c-40c but it ain't very good with games.

Our current family pc is just used for internet and word processing but it's probably overkill for that. It has a Athlon x2 4600+, 2gb of Crucial Ballistix, a Foxconn 780g mobo, and a HD 2600xt 512mb.

my moms office comp has my old 4200 x2 windsor, abit kn9 ultra, 4gb xms2, a fortron psu and a 7300gt(?). lol. it browses real good-like.

Back
Top Bottom