*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I haven't had that error. Run LinX for 20 passes. When it's finished look at the Column Labeled GFlops. The values should be simular or fairly close. If any of the values deviate by 3 or more (or even 2.5) your system is probably on the verge of instability.

^ It's been running LineX a lot lately.. So about 5 runs this afternoon, so it was a bit warm. I'll try later.. Gonna let it cool down for a while. I gotta build a new rig.. :( I've got 3.8 pretty good tho.. It's ran it before.. Heck, it's ran PI before at clocks that were far LESS stable.

re download super pi. i've gotten those errors before and redownloading spi solved the problem

Whenever that happens, I've noticed closing it and reopening works sometimes. The only time it doesn't work is when it's reeeaaallllyyy unstable, like when I was trying to get a score for over 4.2ghz.

^ Yeah I tried that one.. I think I'm gonna wait to rebuild the rig.. Gonna see how expensive the 795 CPU's and 890 boards will be (spring-ish).. HOPING not going to be server board price, but they can't sell a desktop proc for less than another equal proc that was initially more expensive.

Still doing ti after a reinstall..
superpiz.jpg

Not exact in round I believe is a memory error, while the SQR was when it thought there were multiple instances. Have you overclocked your RAM? Or maybe you have faulty sticks.

The ram won't OC at ALL on this board.. Even tried with a mild 3.6g w the fsb @ 215 and ram @ 1156 and it wouldn't even post. If it's not that error, it's another one.. every time I try to run it it just gives me an error.. I'm not that unstable as I can run linx with it and no bsod.. It's @ 3.7 now vcore @ 1.575.

I really gotta redo this rig.. it's RIGGED now.. lol.. kinda, but getting tired.

I would start suspecting the memory if it won't overclock at all. As you increase your cpu overclock, the extra power increases the memory bandwidth even thought the memory speed hasn't changed. So if the memory can not handle the extra power generated from increasing it's speed then it may not be able to handle the extra power from the increased bandwidth either. Hopefully this makes some sense :D

Back
Top Bottom