*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

We need someone to beat Slay so we can see his true potential with his classified board.

Honestly... .

I think the only ones capable of beating Slaymate in this kind of thing is, himself, one of the uber overclockers who end up with world records or Nosboost. :D

I think Nos and Slay could easily get sponsored...

Turbo Mode on the i5 750 isn't adjustable. But there are a few things you can do to control it. With the i5 750 Turbo Mode is controlled (basic explaination) by the number of Active Cores and the Thermal Load. With 1 or 2 cores actively working the i5 750 will Turbo it's Multiplier to 24 (133x24=3192), if the Temperatures are within the Thermal Limit. With 3 or 4 Active Cores the i5 750 will Turbo it's Multiplier to 21 (133x21=2793), if the Temperatures are within the Thermal Limit.

So you have to control the Multi-Tasking that your PC is doing. This can be hard to do for everyday use, but for SuperPi you can disable any service that does background work like Automatic Updates, for example.

For Thermal Control the Best Thing you can do is to improve the Cooling with a nice After-Market Heatsink. And depending upon the options in your Bios you can disable the CxE Function and Intel SpeedStep.

SpeedStep allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency, which can result in decreased average power consumption and decreased average heat production.
Processors - Frequently asked questions

CxE Function is a way to reduce power consumption by turning off certain parts of the processor and reducing voltage to others depending upon 3 basic states.
Intel Software Network Blogs » (update) C-states, C-states and even more C-states

Ok, I get it. Thanks :)

superpis.jpg

With only 2 cores enabled on BIOS, to use the x24 multiplier with turbo and a little overclock.

SuperPi_by_DingisFargle.jpg

I don't know why it scales back the multiplier.. Usually it's at 3.57Ghz, 8.5x, but I guess when it's idle it goes back down to 6.0x multi.

Back
Top Bottom