*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

:( Plus I can't disable cool n' quiet, or oc at all. Just hope no one slips in and takes me off of #40...

I think I might have lied on that post...(still can't OC though) If I change my power management to high performance in the control panel rather than recommended, the core speed seems to stay around 2100. So I think it might be that, that is causing it, or maybe cool n' quiet is still on and that was just a small factor?

Anyway, it got my time lower by about 3 seconds, not enough for another position but better nonetheless. I don't think I can get it any better. Was using Windows Classic theme, around 48 processes with some of the processes at low priority level and superpi at realtime priority.
superpi59623.png

Still trying to figure out how your time and my old A64 3200+ time could be so different. Yes, I had it at 2.552ghz, but the difference is literally around 25 seconds. Maybe something to do with the cache...

Maybe, I followed this tutorial CPU L2 Cache Memory setting in Vista - Vista Forums. Not sure if that would help at all for this sort of thing. That was a long time ago also, I think I'm going to follow it again and make sure I did it correctly.

Edit: Did it correctly before. Only thing is I used 1536 (3x512) which wasn't on that table, not sure if they just didn't take tri-core procs into consideration or what.

Anyway, it got my time lower by about 3 seconds, not enough for another position but better nonetheless. I don't think I can get it any better. Was using Windows Classic theme, around 48 processes with some of the processes at low priority level and superpi at realtime priority.

Go to Task Manager and turn-off every process and note the ones that shut the system down. When you plan on running SuperPi turn-off all the processes that don't shut the system down.

If you really want to get serious, uninstall your video and sound drivers before you run SuperPi.

You set the SuperPi Priority to Realtime, which helps. Here's another tip. When you run SuperPi it only uses 1 cpu core. When you set the Priority you may have noticed a setting called Set Affinity. Try running SuperPi multiple times with only 1 core selected until you figure out which core runs SuperPi the best. And then use that core everytime you bench it (this tip is really good for the overclockers who are not quite stable. Always run the fast core):D

Edit: This was my 666th post :D

Thanks for the tips, I'll do the process one, one core and affinity, won't go as far as uninstalling sound and graphics drivers though ;).

haha, don't forget to squirt ketchup over your heatsink first :D
lawl, was reading Slay's other thread. That really cracked me up :D I know it works, but that doesn't mean it's not funny.

Slighty improved my time. Booted up in safe mode and wrote down all of the processes and services that were running, booted up normal and ended all processes and services that weren't on in safe mode. Total process count was 27-30. Set affinity to the fastest core by experiment, and realtime priority. Didn't help as much as I thought it would, 20 less processes than before is a lot haha.
superpi59139.png

Going to try it again when the new Nvidia graphics drivers come out, when I uninstall the current drivers going to do a run then.

Why does prebuilt PC BIOS suck so much :(.

Back
Top Bottom