*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

i dont get how nags cpu at 3ghz is slower than an intels 2ghz system in this benchmark???

The Core 2 Duos have always had the upper hand in SuperPi.

WR for Intel is 7.437s, and WR for AMD is 20.218s.

At stock, I think the X2 4400+ is a little ahead, because of the extra cache and higher HTT/FSB. But in terms of overclocking, E2180.

At stock, I think the X2 4400+ is a little ahead, because of the extra cache and higher HTT/FSB. But in terms of overclocking, E2180.

alright...thanks for all that info....
when i get into the mood of oc again...ill post my score.

heres mine:
q6600 @ 3.2
superpijb5.png

i dont get how nags cpu at 3ghz is slower than an intels 2ghz system in this benchmark???

one of the main reasons (if not the main reason) is the huge L2 cache of the c2ds. superpi is a very cache-sensitive application. and intel's cache interface has always been superior to AMD's. the c2d's finally are able to make use of it.
the slowest c2d on the list has 4mb of L2 cache.
my 5000 has 1mb.
that is a big part of why the c2d's are so much faster at superpi. there aren't many applications that the c2ds pull that far ahead, the ones they do, usually are cache-based like superpi.

and just to add on.. lets take a poll here on TF and ask how many people have fried their chips overclocking... it'll probably be a small percent.. like 1...

Back
Top Bottom