*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

well you need to disable cool'n quiet. cause right now my old pentium D smokes that score.

He needs to disable something. He running at a Blistering 1055.2 Mhz

It's been about 10 years since I ran a cpu that slow :D

What's cool'n quiet? I don't know why it's at 1055.2 MHz, it's supposed to be at 2010 :confused:. I got a faster time, I really want to figure this core speed thing out though...
superpi102400.png

Hmmm, says 2109.9 in that shot :freak:. I'm confused now.

Just ran cpuz and it started at 2109 then moved down to 1054.

Look at the cpu settings in your bios. I'm not familar with AMD stuff so there maybe a couple other setting that also deal with thermal limiting. But you should see a cool and quiet setting or something with a simular name. Just disable it and save and exit.

Edit: Just noticed your using a HP Pavilon, you may not have any options.

What's cool'n quiet? I don't know why it's at 1055.2 MHz, it's supposed to be at 2010 :confused:. I got a faster time, I really want to figure this core speed thing out though...
superpi102400.png

Hmmm, says 2109.9 in that shot :freak:. I'm confused now.

Just ran cpuz and it started at 2109 then moved down to 1054.

Its supposed to do that.. its called Cool n' Quiet..

Just take the screenshot really fast before the thing ends.. wish my CPU does Cool n' Quiet :(

EDIT: now it shows I have CNQ on my X2 5000+ o_O

@ first it didn't

Just did some searching and found out what cool'n'quiet does. I don't know if I should disable it though, if it means the processor is working less when it isn't doing anything that sounds good to me, I'll just have to take a shot fast.

Might turn it off to see if it helps my time at all, then turn it back on again to see if it's the problem.

It's automatically adjusting your multiplier, hence why your gigahertz are jumping all over the place.

hey zed, didn't you have a water loop coming in?

Meh, work is very slow. They havent called me in in like 2 weeks. I just bought a 90cfm fan (actualy quite...) and its dropped my idle temps to like 34c and load at like 55c on a 26c day. So right now im content.

Just did some searching and found out what cool'n'quiet does. I don't know if I should disable it though, if it means the processor is working less when it isn't doing anything that sounds good to me, I'll just have to take a shot fast.

Might turn it off to see if it helps my time at all, then turn it back on again to see if it's the problem.

I made a sticky about that topic you know ;)

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/c...dstep-cool-quiet-technology-explained-165312/

Back
Top Bottom