*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

If you really want to make infar3d (whomever that is) and Nosboost very mad Hefe, keep it going a little higher ;) (maybe even Gurusan)

Take the number #1 spot :)

what kind of cooling are you running to get 33c idle? or does my cpu need lapping...:p

Woah sorry for the late post, everything gets lost in here. I use a Xigmatek S1283.

And thank you Hussein19891...

Ugh, I still need to pick up a core contact to try to push some more juice...

^^^

s1283 or s1284 are better.

I always thought that the Xigmateks were a tick behind. But only by a degree or two, where in that case it comes down to better quality mounting.

Really? I could have sworn the core contact had a degree or two on the Rifle...do you have a link to a review or something?

Definitely worth a shot, they're around the same price...only upshot is the $10 MIR on the core contact right now.

EDIT: Also, what's the real difference between the s1283 or the s1284EE?

I bought a core contact and hated it....its not very well built.

I then bought a s1284 instead and loved it, it was super easy to mount and feels/looks better and cools just as well (maybe a couple degrees less) but that also has to do with the fan.

I haven't seen a Xigmatek in person but the Core Contact seems to be pretty well built.

I have heard other people say they though it's better quality than the Xigmatek after using both. I guess it really comes down to personal; preference though.

I echo the S1283/S1284 question.

Its weird because the S1283 is said to be better according to FrostyTech.

I'm still up in the air myself. I just want something decent before I get the money for a water cooling setup.

EDIT: They are similarly priced, but not really...the s1283 is a couple bucks more than the core contact after MIR, and the s1284 is the same price before the MIR on the core contact. I'm broke as a joke, every penny counts, lol. ;)

Back
Top Bottom