*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

rhodw8.png

14 seconds. no oc on i7 920.

Am I missing something here. Why is your multi set as 12x?

Edit: Speedstep must be enabled.

If I had to compare them I'd say the D0 stepping is marginally better all the way around. Somewhat simular to the GTX 280 compared to the GTX 285. They are virtually identical except the D0 runs slightly faster and cooler.

say what? the C0 and the D0 are the same CPU, albeit with a different physical appearance.
they don't perform any different clock for clock, and their better overclockability could still be a placebo affect.

the gtx285 is a shrink of the gtx280 with higher clock speeds

say what? the C0 and the D0 are the same CPU, albeit with a different physical appearance.
they don't perform any different clock for clock, and their better overclockability could still be a placebo affect.

So there the same but different?

A different physical appearance? My C stepping looked just like my D stepping except for a few different numbers. But I didn't really look it over good.

Placebo Effect? So when I got my D stepping I suddenly just accessed my hidden overclocking skills and gained 200 Mhz that I could of used on my old C stepping. Those **** placebo's, I hate them :D

i still think its chip dependent, there are plenty of the older steppings that can reach the same speeds....but to compare the c0/d0 to the gtx280/285 is incorrect

i also meant its the same chip internally, don't get ur panties in a bunch

There are plenty of C0 chips that get to the same speeds as E0 as well... :/

My point is that it's obvious from clocks on other forums that on average, D0 chips clock higher AND with less voltage.

slaymate your avatar distracts me soo much lol. It has me going into random day dreams....... which hit upon the realm of fantasies.

Oh and KUDOS to you Zedman if anyone deserved an i7 it had to be you.

Back
Top Bottom