*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Yeah, I saw that setup, but I don't have the scratch for a water cooling kit right now...maybe when I get a new job, which hopefully will be soon. Until then, I'll grab a Core Contact and break 4ghz. ;)

I can't seem to break the 3.8 barrier, but I wonder if it's actually a heat issue. Idle, my temps have been ok. The highest idle temp I've seen is maybe 50c. I'll have to mess around with a few things, my RAM is probably killing me too. Once I grab my RAM and Core Contact, should be golden. I'll get a WC loop later when I have the time and money, lol.

If you want extreme clocks for benchmarking forget water, get a DICE pot. The PII x3's seem to have great results with sub zero cooling.

Lol, we've been talking about DICE pots on and off for a week now or so it seems.

I dunno about all that. Maybe.

my CPU is strange, idle temps on one core is about 32C and the others are at about 42C-43C and under load it never gets above 52C-54C even overclocked to 3.6GHZ. so my problem is not heat related, but something else. i think it is my clock skew settings and there is a weird setting in my bios that says performance increse and the options are standard, turbo, and extreme. the diff between the 3 is huge too, not in peroformance but in stability. so ya, i have got lots to learn about this board.

I'm still learning about this board too, it's strange. I'm not used to having so many options, haha. Right now I'm trying to fix my RAM frequency, it's reading my crappy 667 sticks as 533. I was pretty sure I set it right in the BIOS, and it reads 667, but in CPU-Z, it thinks it's 533. No clue.

Back
Top Bottom