*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I would just keep the GeIL sticks out and stick with 2GB. You'll get a much better overclock as it's easier on the motherboard and the sticks will be able to run at 1066MHz.

hehe my ocing capability hasnt changed since i lobbed in the new GeIL memory.... before and after i still cant get past 1000 Mhz.... i believe it to be the nvidia 750i chipset to bbe kinda rubbish...the only reason im using it is cos i need SLI and i was saving my money for a Q9450 rather than getting a 780i + Q6600. tbh i dont really need to push my OC any more, im working on my graphics card atm, mainly memory, since thats the main limitation of my gaming pc...any CPU/RAM oc will only help me in synthetics, in the real world apps, i will notice a minimal diference between 2.67Ghz and 3.2Ghz, unless im doing things like vid encoding, which i dont do...

that's what i really like about nvidia chipsets. the extreme amount of ram:fsb ratios. practically unlimited

The nVidia chipsets are picky about some of the ratios you set though. I've had my 680i conk out a few times at pretty low clocks just because of the ratio it was set at.

turns out this was the best i can do until new mobo comes in

ill edit my post if i can with new scores when mobo comes in.

7750voltage.jpg

also, Hussein19891 will be taking the record for a hot minute when he gets his 7750 OC'd 2night or 2morrow.

7750bj0.jpg

Unlike you taste. My chip won't go farther then 16x multiplier. No matter how much voltage I push through the chip.

hmm, that sux, i hope i can get mine past these numbers with new board.

what is the minimum voltage you can reach with 3.2GHz core speed,
would like to see if there is a difference here between the two chips.

1.5 Vcore+. Anything less then that and it won't boot.

But 3.00ghz is fine with 1.4Vcore. So that may be my new 24/7 clock.

It seems my chip was a flop. Hopefully yours will fair better.

Back
Top Bottom