*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I'm still up in the air myself. I just want something decent before I get the money for a water cooling setup.

EDIT: They are similarly priced, but not really...the s1283 is a couple bucks more than the core contact after MIR, and the s1284 is the same price before the MIR on the core contact. I'm broke as a joke, every penny counts, lol. ;)

My advice then is to skip air cooling. I got the S1283 and im still not happy that i will be able to OC anything past 3.5GHZ and be okay temp wise. Stick with current cooling if you think you can afford water within a month. Heck i have to pay $50USD more than you to get anything from over there shipped.

No way I could afford water cooling in a month. :p I'd have to be very lucky.

Besides, I figure I could reuse the hsf on my fiance's build whenever we get to that, so it wouldn't be a total waste.

No way I could afford water cooling in a month. :p I'd have to be very lucky.

Besides, I figure I could reuse the hsf on my fiance's build whenever we get to that, so it wouldn't be a total waste.

In that case yeah doesnt matter, but any reports of the S1283 feeling cheap are false because this thing is a beast and if you get the Crossbow mouting kit then its rocksolid with the backplate and all. With that its the best mounting system ive used.

Fair enough. When I scrounge my money together, I'll look into which one I should get. I know I should be able to break 4ghz no problem with any decent aftermarket HSF, seeing as I maxed at 3.888 on the stock.

haha woot woot....

clicky clicky

Aaaaand we have a winner. Nice clocks matey.

What kind of cooling are you using?

got me another run, can't get past 216 BCLK and i'm too scared to push the vcore anymore hahahaha so i'll settle for that

i'm pushing an GTZ with an MCR320 rad on a single loop for cpu only. lolol

got me another run, can't get past 216 BCLK and i'm too scared to push the vcore anymore hahahaha so i'll settle for that

i'm pushing an GTZ with an MCR320 rad on a single loop for cpu only. lolol

Oh yeah i forgot you are on water, its crazy how our rigs are so close to the same especially since im grabbing the same rad and all in about 3 weeks (ETA of the HeatKiller LT coming back in stock).

At those clocks whats idle and load?

haha scary temps, low 50's idle and i ran hypi and it hit 98c before i shut it down....certainly not something you'll wanna run for every day use...but i've got it running on 4ghz perfectly getting about 65 load 36 idle

really have to play with it to get it to clock past 200mhz (base clock)....also to get the 21x multiplier on the p6T it's locked @ 20x if you set the multiplier yourself, but if you leave turbo mode on and multi on auto and just set the BCLK it will take it to 21x automatically

oh and btw...congrats on mod hikari!!! just noticed

Thanks. :p There's 3 other new mods you know, you should check out the Announcements sub-forum more often. ;)

Those are some nice temps mate...try doing some tweaking to get a sub 9 second time!

Back
Top Bottom