*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I just found it on the american newegg... Nice... Wonder if my mobo would support it... Hope it will... Getting kinda old though... But anyway, I have the 125watt version of the 6000+ not the newer 89watt 6000... So I won't have to much of an issue with heat on water cooling... Gonna give MSI a call and see if my motherboard will support the darned thing, being an AM2 board sucks...

Its super cheap in the states. While it cost me like $115~ on Newegg Canada.

Black Edition (unlocked multipliers), K10 architecture, 1MB L2 Cache, and 2MB L3 Cache. So I'll probably have quite a bit of fun once I get it.

Reading a couple of reviews... Still dont see anything special about it yet other than its 65nm and has a 3mb l2 cache, trying to find some better reviews comparing it to other AMD processors...

EDIT: Ok, well the newegg page says 3mb l2....

Dünya'da ilk defa: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition incelemesi

AMD's long-rumored Kuma core officially launches today. Essentially a dual-core derivative of AMD's 65-nm Phenom, the first Kuma chip is the Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition.

Clocked at 2.7GHz with 2MB of L2 cache, 2MB of L3 cache, and 3600MHz HyperTransport, the X2 7750 is priced at $79, making it a competitor with Intel's Pentium E5200.

AMD launches Athlon X2 7750 - News and Siteseeing

AMD is actually gearing their chips to compete with Intels. The X2 7750 is priced about the same as the E5200 while it outperforms it from time to time. Would love to see what sort of overclocks are possible with Kuma chips. Since they don't require huge Vcore increases to get a decent clock.

I was reading something about it at Hexus, not sure how good they are about there reviews, but according to them it is comparable to the 6000+ at stock, but a slight overclock if it has enough headroom will crush a 6000+ i would like to think...

3.2~3.4ghz overclock with a decent heat sink should be able to outperform whatever a 6000+ is capable of.

Every review I've read has been able to hit 3.2ghz or higher. But I don't know whether it was on stock heatsink or not.

Should if it can clock that far... Depending on what you get I may chill my water cooling loop to around 10F and see what it can do, that is if you hit the top of your processor and i only need like a second shaved off lol... I don't think it could take much more than 1.6v.... at the processor and 2.3 at the ram...

Edit: Grr forget that idea, I am just gonna order a new mobo in the next month and get a Phenom...

Yeah just wait for PhenomII like everyone else.

Only reason I got the 7750 is because I need to save up for Deneb first. So I just needed a chip to hold me off until then.
Aside from saving up for Deneb, it also be nice to wait a month or so, and reap the benefits of price drops.

Yea, I just decided it's not worth frying my 6000 and msi mobo... I love my setup, so... I will try something else and just throw these parts into a small case and use it as a file server for my media extenders...

My 4800+ probably has like a few months life span left from everything I've put it through :)

Back
Top Bottom