*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

when you are running benchmarks like that.. Nobody cares if it is stable.... It was obviously stable enough to pass the 3dmark CPU tests....

when you are running benchmarks like that.. Nobody cares if it is stable.... It was obviously stable enough to pass the 3dmark CPU tests....

Well I care if it's stable and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Respectfully, it's a difference of opinion I guess and everyone's entitled to their own. I just seperate "benchmarks" from "suicide runs" (for lack of a better term) from each other.

Benchmarks mean nothing to me personally unless it's a number one can accurately guage against another number. Suicide runs are just for fun.

average 3dmark06 score on Forum thus far is... 11,104

Well I care if it's stable and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Respectfully, it's a difference of opinion I guess and everyone's entitled to their own. I just seperate "benchmarks" from "suicide runs" (for lack of a better term) from each other.

Benchmarks mean nothing to me personally unless it's a number one can accurately guage against another number. Suicide runs are just for fun.

You have a good point, but this is a "top score" list, not an "everyday use score" list. If a computer can pass a 3DMark06 run without a BSOD, then it is considered stable for all intents and purposes of this thread.

woopsie daisie...see below ;)

wahey thanks for adding my score :D

Actually, yes its stable right now at 4ghz and 1.525V. It crashed on me a few times running 3dmark, so i kept bumping the voltage up until it survived a full pass. I'm amazed at the difference in temps from lapping the cpu/heatsink and a slight bending of the mounting bracket to add some pressure. Temps never broke 65C running 3dmark, so i still have some room left to push farther.

yeah pretty much if its stable enough to run 3dmark then it counts. there isn't debating it cause you could just say its stable and it wouldn't work. so if you can run it, we'll count it.

vedub get some folding on that son!

Back
Top Bottom