*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

i finally got my score higher than what i had it on xp.
Not much difference, but im surprised i got it higher than xp.

Score:16,866
cpu @ 3.4 gpu @ 714/1707/1165

Orthos was stable after an 8 hr test, so i think im fine.
temps idle around 27, and gets to 50 on load which i think is great.

hey blits....im trying to get to 14K.
its gonna be hard, but ill try everything i can.
my ram is at 972 right now @ 5 5 5 15.
I just need to learn how to oc my ram a little more and maybe my cpu a little more.
My cpus clock is at 486, and i know i cant get it past 500.
...i should start a thread on oc ram , cos i have no idea on how to oc ram.

Nice. I think you can be pretty assured that I won't be stealing your score any time soon lol my GTX won't even touch core clock speeds like your GT can, and my q6600 isn't going higher than 3.6 any time soon. However once the 9800 series comes out, all bets are off :).

Oh by the way I hope you are only keeping your GT's memory that high as part of your suicide run. You don't have it that high 24/7 do you? Have you read about how the GT's memory controller wasn't made to handle more than 2000 MHz (yours is at 2100) and if kept higher than that, it could go bad?

Nah, I keep it at 700/1000 for regular use. There is a 2x multi on the memory core? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! I don't think I'm going to push my CPU much further. I'm still trying to see if anything crashes while I'm at 3.6GHz. If so I'm fine keeping 3.4GHz 24/7, it's done awesome and keep low temps cause of the lower volt. Although like krazyq is saying, I'm not too good with OC'ing RAM and that could bump my score a bit more.

hey blits....im trying to get to 14K.
its gonna be hard, but ill try everything i can.
my ram is at 972 right now @ 5 5 5 15.
I just need to learn how to oc my ram a little more and maybe my cpu a little more.
My cpus clock is at 486, and i know i cant get it past 500.
...i should start a thread on oc ram , cos i have no idea on how to oc ram.

Originally Posted by mnelson07

Like krazyq is saying, I'm not too good with OC'ing RAM and that could bump my score a bit more.

Icic well, krazyq, you are my second closest competitor, no offense but I surely hope I don't fall to seventh place if you do get higher than 14k lol. That being said I'm kind of a noob at overclocking RAM myself (hence my "Help with RAM Timings please" thread). When I overclocked my RAM, I basically just relied on the fact that it is top-quality OC'ing RAM so I knew that I could kind of blindly do whatever I wanted and find out what works and what doesn't. So basically what I did was change the ratio to 3.33:1 (although right now I have it at 3.20:1 so that it remains stable at 4-4-4-12) and that way it's frequency rose big time from 800 mhz to like 1050 mhz. With your fsb you might want to have the ratio at something like 2.5:1 or 2.40:1 etc because idk how safe it is to push DDR2 800 ram too far above its recommended operating frequency of 800 mhz.

So anyway I noticed in CPU-Z that my RAM timings were very high(because on the bios I had that set to auto) and that just was not happening lol so I managed to finally get them down to 4-4-4-12 by finessing the fsb and my RAM's voltage.

You might find more info by looking at my "Help With RAM Timings Please" thread it should still be on the front page of the overclocking forum.

But just know that RAM timings/frequency doesn't affect your score in 3DMark06 very much, you'll probably see more of an improvement in SuperPi or maybe SMP Folding.

Originally Posted by mnelson07

Nah, I keep it at 700/1000 for regular use. There is a 2x multi on the memory core? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, it has GDDR3 RAM, DDR meaning double data rate, so you multiply the frequency of the RAM by 2 and the product is the actual operating speed.

You wont hurt your memory by running over its stated MHZ. The only way to really hurt anything these days is by overheating it or overvolting it. Also, its debated as to whether its better to have low latency or higher speed. I'm going to try to get my ballistix to run 3-3-3-10 for grins. They need to hurry up and get here.

I think a higher frequency is better then lower timings... to a point, it is good to have a it right in the middle.

Like Veedub said, pushing the freq. won't hurt it. It will just become unstable. Now if you change the ram's voltage... That would be a different story.

I'm going to try to get my ballistix to run 3-3-3-10 for grins. They need to hurry up and get here.

Wow 3-3-3-10? Good luck with that. I think I've come to a middle-of-the-road solution with my ballistix: over 1 GHz and 4-4-4-12 timings. I'm happy with it, considering it was a similar freq. before with much higher timings. However if I get bored one day, I might see if I can get them even lower. Idk.

Oh and thanks for confirming he freq. thing for me. I just assumed that since they sell DDR2 1066, there must be a limit to DDR2 800. It's good news to hear that there is not.

If I'm at a 5440 right now, what do you suppose I could reach with an 8800gt? Is my cpu holding me back?

If I'm at a 5440 right now, what do you suppose I could reach with an 8800gt? Is my cpu holding me back?
high 9,000's. you might be able to break 10,000 if you overclock the GPU

the CPU at 2.75GHZ will hold back the score a bit. Nagasama broke 10,000 (and beat my score) with an 8800 GT and his 3600+ at just over 3GHZ

I got over 10,200 with a single 8800 GTS 320MB card, and my 6000+ at 3.5GHZ

Back
Top Bottom