*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

Yeah i think im good on screen size...but i wouldint mind a higher res.

Especially now that i have the gpu horsepower to run it.

nope you can't run higher than native res.

I too was ok with my screensize, that's why I picked 2048x1152 23" over a 1900x1200 24".

.249mm pixel pitch ftw

the pixels would be a lot smaller though. Interesting. Does it really make a huge difference on a smaller screen? I would need to put the monitor to my face just to see th pixels lol. Depends on how far u sit in ur chair distance from the monitor for the pixels to matter right?

Hmmm I noticed 2 of the 9800 GTXs were overclocked at 810 and 820 mhz. Anyone think its a good idea to achieve just a mild OC by OCing to half those numbers? Meaning right now I'm at stock at 738 mhz, and just mildly OCing to say 775 mhz and not having to worry about any problems.

I read one guide that said to OC the core clock and memory clock seperately and see how much they can handle, and then for the final OC combine these max scores but that seems horribly wrong in that graphic cards can achieve higher stable numbers depending on what the other value is. ( meaning you can get a higher core clock if the memory clock isn't as high and vice versa )

The reason they said to oc the gpu core and memory separately is so if you get artifacts you can tell which one of them is the cause.

You can always run a lower oc but if temps aren't a problem I would go ahead and push it as far as you can

Hmmm I noticed 2 of the 9800 GTXs were overclocked at 810 and 820 mhz. Anyone think its a good idea to achieve just a mild OC by OCing to half those numbers? Meaning right now I'm at stock at 738 mhz, and just mildly OCing to say 775 mhz and not having to worry about any problems.

I read one guide that said to OC the core clock and memory clock seperately and see how much they can handle, and then for the final OC combine these max scores but that seems horribly wrong in that graphic cards can achieve higher stable numbers depending on what the other value is. ( meaning you can get a higher core clock if the memory clock isn't as high and vice versa )

meh i run mine at 810 core 2000 shader and 1200 mem daily. and go to 860 core 2100 shader and 1225 mem for benches. so you should be fine at those clocks, especially since you have the + edition.

Back
Top Bottom