*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

i was setting up another partition on my hard drive... and while it was doing it.. the program froze up.... stopped responding.. i waiting for about 30 min for it to try to start up again and never did....had to shut down the program.. upon restart.. hard drive was completely wiped and was not partitioned.... :(

luckily, i have most of my files backed up on my friends hard drive..... we both back up our files on each others hard drives thankfully... well most of our files.. but not all

i feel you...
i just lost 160 gigs worth of music,movies,games,saved games,pictures,documents....

I was formatting my buddies pc and had my ext hdd plugged in and i mistakingly wiped my hdd...

i feel you...
i just lost 160 gigs worth of music,movies,games,saved games,pictures,documents....

I was formatting my buddies pc and had my ext hdd plugged in and i mistakingly wiped my hdd...
I went to reinstall Windows on my 74GB Raptor
So I delete the partition on the Raptor's hard drive (after double checking that it was in fact the Raptor), and then it tells me the drive needs to be formatted to install Windows. So I start.

It was a Service Pack 1 CD, so it would only see 127GB of my other hard drives.
After about 20%, I noticed that the size of the hard drive was wrong (it wasn't around 74GB, it was 127GB)
I realise it is trying to format one of my other hard drives. So I immediately switch the PC off at the power supply.

When I install Windows again, I unplug all of the other three hard drives to prevent it from touching them.

I install Service Pack 2 from a CD, then plug my other drives back in. I discover that the drive it tried to format was my second 750GB drive (which had about 300GB of data on it)

So I get a file recovery program, but I need another hard drive to recover the files onto. And my first 750GB drive only had about 5% of space left, and my 320GB drive only had about 100GB left.

So I went out and got a third 750GB drive, formatted it, and recovered almost all of the files off my second 750GB drive.

4956 | nickm926 | 3800+ @2.41 | 8600GT 540/800 | Vista 32bit

thats up from 432 with my X550, ill have link posted in a min

wicked, i ran 3dmark again coz i copied the link then mindlessly copied something else therefor loosing the link as i had exited the window, anyway after re-running 3d mark my score was around 4000, why has it decreased so much?

reboot your PC

and try again... and don't have anything else open...

yeah ive rebooted, i think msn was on in the background when i got my first result so thts slightly odd

Back
Top Bottom