*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

o_O haha i never throught of it like that. it's not like i'm short on it anyway. re-enabled it is, thanks ><.

and thanks for that link. im getting server now so i'll see what it does to scores.

p.s. how much space would you recommend for an OS partition? The vista partition had to be huge.

it does good things to both 3dmark and game scores :)

Just look at this, both myself and the other guy using Server 2008 both have the highest scores for our setup. (by the way this is the Crysis GPU bench)

1680x1050 VERY HIGH DX10
32718031cy9.png

oh sick..

so my last question. if this can do everythign vista can, including dx10, but better.. why would I bother keeping vista?

by the sounds of it i should just install this, transfer my crap, and delete vista >.>

I don't have any problems with it, but this just sounds like an upgrade.

have it downloading now.
do i have to backup my entire C drive or transfer the files to my E?
or will server install on the windows partition?
i dont want to have to copy everything...for one, i dont have enough room on my E drive.
what do i do?

oh sick..

so my last question. if this can do everythign vista can, including dx10, but better.. why would I bother keeping vista?

by the sounds of it i should just install this, transfer my crap, and delete vista >.>

I don't have any problems with it, but this just sounds like an upgrade.

If you like Server 08 then don't bother keeping vista....

have it downloading now.
do i have to backup my entire C drive or transfer the files to my E?
or will server install on the windows partition?
i dont want to have to copy everything...for one, i dont have enough room on my E drive.
what do i do?

You will need to create a new partition for it to install to.

Also if you guys are already running Vista you may have a problem dual booting (selecting which OS you want to boot into)...installing Acronis Disk Director will fix this....or EasyBCD

oh cool.

last last qustion.

do i just use my windows vista drivers for my gpu? ive never seen windows server drivers ;p

Awesome.

Finished writing down all the stuff i needed to know in that guide. gonna install and tweak and such. i'll post a new 3dmark06 when i get a chance.

id like to hit 80 in aoc tonight as well ;p

Thanks a ton for all the help guru!

no prob, good luck with setting it up and be sure to post back your results/opinion of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom