*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

yeah the cpu is a major bottleneck for that card. Even a C2D at around 3.0ghz would bottleneck it.....you need a C2D around 3.6-3.8ghz or a quad around 3+ghz

yepper....i had similar results when i SLI'd 8800gt's and overclocked the snot out of them. cpu couldn't keep up.

yepper....i had similar results when i SLI'd 8800gt's and overclocked the snot out of them. cpu couldn't keep up.

What was the highest you got in 3dmark06 with those sli'd gt's? Im sure it would have been way higher with a phenom.

Man, I need to re-install xp! Just wait, my e8400 at 4.5ghz should get up there in scores

What was the highest you got in 3dmark06 with those sli'd gt's? Im sure it would have been way higher with a phenom.

well, i ddint beat apok's highest, but i cant remember exactly what it was. i do know that i got 11,420 with a single card, and my SLI score wasn't proportional to having another card.
cpu score might've been better with a phenom. but, phenoms are un-PHENOMenal, so i'll just wait on that.

well, i ddint beat apok's highest, but i cant remember exactly what it was. i do know that i got 11,420 with a single card, and my SLI score wasn't proportional to having another card.
cpu score might've been better with a phenom. but, phenoms are un-PHENOMenal, so i'll just wait on that.

or you can just get the q6600 like you were gonna that one time;)

Lmao yeah just right now. Thats what im waiting for, the new black edition that wont have a tlb bug and can hopefully hit that 3.0ghz mark and be stable.

X2's cant keep up with all that sli power, even dual core duos hurt it, sli needs quad. An 8400 at 4ghz gets around 3847. A phenom at 2.4 gets 3347, so id imagine at 3ghz it would get around 4000.

Back
Top Bottom