*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

but crucial manufactures them ;)
What's the difference between the Ballistix, and Ballistix Tracers? anything apart from the LED's on the black heatspreader?
I'm thinking about getting 4GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500, to go with the Phenom BE.

I'd like to see how a Phenom goes with GOOD RAM

I've heard that the tracers are the exact same as the regular Ballistix, except with LED's. But I've used both regular Ballistix and Tracers, and I have to say the tracers feel more stable.

Oh okay. I just remember that HZ's used to be recommended all the time around here and then all of a sudden everyone switched to recommending ballistix. idk y.

About the source engine v-sync issue. Does this only affect CS:S? I've never experienced any trouble with v-sinc on i tf2 or any of the hl:2 games. I don't know any cs:s pro's to ask about it though, where can I find more info on it? You've got me curious now lol.

its more of a common knowledge kinda thing, play TF2 with v-sync on, and then play it with v-sync off. Don't touch any of your mouse sensitivity settings, you will notice theres a HUGE unexplainable difference in mouse behavior ( in terms of acceleration and axis movement ). With V-Sync on, it essentially "retards" any mouse. Again...if your a total noob in FPS games...you won't notice :p

its more of a common knowledge kinda thing, play TF2 with v-sync on, and then play it with v-sync off. Don't touch any of your mouse sensitivity settings, you will notice theres a HUGE unexplainable difference in mouse behavior ( in terms of acceleration and axis movement ). With V-Sync on, it essentially "retards" any mouse. Again...if your a total noob in FPS games...you won't notice :p

lol trust me I'm not a noob... I like to play as sniper in tf2 so I'd definitely notice If my mouse was being retarded.

If you like headshotting with a deagle, you'll definitely notice mouse accuracy and sensitivity.

I wouldn't know I don't play counter strike. But come to think of it, I think I have v-sinc turned off in tf2. lol I'm not sure I'll double check next time I play and see what happens if I turn it on.

friend who is top 7 for cs:cz has v-sync off, my other friends who are central division champs for 1.6 all have v-sync off, they seem to like the 100fps cap

I never turn v-sync on. Then your fps is limited to your refresh rate, isn't it?

in games like COD 4 it really really makes the game look loads better and smoother. The source engine is the only engine where v-sync seems to "retard" the mouse.

Back
Top Bottom