*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings* - Page 131 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #1301 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Thanks again for whoever did this Official Top List thread, it really gives a good reference of what our machines are capable of. For example I'm at 13.5k right now, and Blitersety with the same hardware overclocked more is probably the max I can get at 14.5k ( althought he can't pass artifact tests or stress tests :P ). However the only score in there that throws everything off is Stes score. Although he's overclocked his q6600 to 3.9, his GTX is still stock so I think he would yield a slower score however he gets a higher on at like 14.9k but his resolution wasn't at the official resolution so he may get a artificial boost? Confusing...Stes score only serves to confuse people :P

BTW Anyone know where that graphic card ranking list thread is? Can't seem to find it...that should also be a sticky, very helpful

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Gabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #1302 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post

BTW Anyone know where that graphic card ranking list thread is? Can't seem to find it...that should also be a sticky, very helpful
Graphics card Rankings

And the other stickies as well:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/ha...-index-142552/

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #1303 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitersety

Quote:
Thanks again for whoever did this Official Top List thread, it really gives a good reference of what our machines are capable of. For example I'm at 13.5k right now, and Blitersety with the same hardware overclocked more is probably the max I can get at 14.5k ( althought he can't pass artifact tests or stress tests :P ). However the only score in there that throws everything off is Stes score. Although he's overclocked his q6600 to 3.9, his GTX is still stock so I think he would yield a slower score however he gets a higher on at like 14.9k but his resolution wasn't at the official resolution so he may get a artificial boost? Confusing...Stes score only serves to confuse people :P

lol Gabb I can pass stress like orthos just fine. While it is true that I can't get through more than 10 seconds in ati tool without artifacts (lol), I don't notice any artifacting in games as long as vsync is enabled. However, if I have vsync disabled, then I get insane fps, I mean like 200+ in tech forums and HL2, so I will get some pretty major tearing there but that's only with vsync off; I always play with it turned on.

Give me a sec and I'll edit in a link to the graphics card rankings for you.

edit - nevermind it looks like b1 beat me to it.

By the way, how do you like your HZ's? What do you have your timings set at? I've been wondering if HZ's are better than my tracers.
-EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX
-Corsair TX750
-Antec 900 case
-Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HDD - main
-WD 320GB HDD - secondary
-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD - tertiary
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer 3GB DDR2
-Lite-On 20x DVD burner
-Wireless MX-Revolution mouse
-Logitech G11 keyboard
Blitersety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #1304 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:

it is a sticky, check the Hardware Index in the Hardware Zone, it should be there...
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #1305 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitersety View Post
lol Gabb I can pass stress like orthos just fine. While it is true that I can't get through more than 10 seconds in ati tool without artifacts (lol), I don't notice any artifacting in games as long as vsync is enabled. However, if I have vsync disabled, then I get insane fps, I mean like 200+ in tech forums and HL2, so I will get some pretty major tearing there but that's only with vsync off; I always play with it turned on.

Give me a sec and I'll edit in a link to the graphics card rankings for you.

edit - nevermind it looks like b1 beat me to it.

By the way, how do you like your HZ's? What do you have your timings set at? I've been wondering if HZ's are better than my tracers.
Well with Vsync off there is always some tearing visible on the screen and thats not considered an artifact at all. Something weird about the Source engine is I found out you HAVE to play with vsync off since if you enable it, it dramatically alters your mouse movement in a very BAD way. Talk to any CS:S Pro about it for more information

Also my HZs are set to the standard timing on the box 4-4-4-12 at default 800 mhz, their fine so far and never gave me a problem ( although in my old P5N mobo they didn't work unless I put them side by side on vista ( got a lot of BSODs, don't know what that was about ). I don't really know much how they compare with other Ram although this december you could get 2 gigs of corsair XMS ddr2 800 Ram for like 32 dollars after MIR...thats just friggin CRAZY
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Gabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #1306 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitersety

Oh okay. I just remember that HZ's used to be recommended all the time around here and then all of a sudden everyone switched to recommending ballistix. idk y.

About the source engine v-sync issue. Does this only affect CS:S? I've never experienced any trouble with v-sinc on i tf2 or any of the hl:2 games. I don't know any cs:s pro's to ask about it though, where can I find more info on it? You've got me curious now lol.
-EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX
-Corsair TX750
-Antec 900 case
-Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HDD - main
-WD 320GB HDD - secondary
-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD - tertiary
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer 3GB DDR2
-Lite-On 20x DVD burner
-Wireless MX-Revolution mouse
-Logitech G11 keyboard
Blitersety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #1307 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitersety
Oh okay. I just remember that HZ's used to be recommended all the time around here and then all of a sudden everyone switched to recommending ballistix. idk y.
The HZs were very cheap at the time they were recommended all the time. After the C2Ds arrived, they skyrocketed. And Ballistix went down by a lot. And for the price, they both are pretty much neck and neck, in terms of performance and overclocking.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #1308 (permalink)
Custom User Title

i was recommending the ballistix when ppl were saying g-skills were the best, yet again i can look back and laugh

decibaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #1309 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

they both use the same D9xx chips
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #1310 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
they both use the same D9xx chips
but crucial manufactures them

decibaL is offline   Reply With Quote