*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

But a lot of people do...
which makes this a sprinting race, does it not?

also consider the title of the thread:
The Tech Forums Official 3Dmark06 Top List

Not at all, for scores to be as meaningful as possible Everyone, every single person should either be maxing out everything in the range of sucide clocks OR everyone should find the max stable clocks at which they can run 24/7 without problems

Its either that or we have two separate lists...

Im certainly not saying that we only allow one or the other, but for clairity and comparision ease we should have a separation between the two.

Sure, everyone wants the highest score, but comparing a system on suicide settings to one with 24/7 stable settings is meaningless.

Ya, once i saw this thread i generally assumed since its a "benchmark top list" i figured it was a battle to see who could get the highest score reguardless. Its not like the title is "Highest stable 3dmark06" ;)

Ya, once i saw this thread i generally assumed since its a "benchmark top list" i figured it was a battle to see who could get the highest score reguardless. Its not like the title is "Highest stable 3dmark06" ;)

And why do we care about benchmark? For comparisons in real world games, so we can see by this list and assume that so and so because of such score can probably play such and such game at higher settings than I?

Right?

But people with sucidie benchs will most likely not be able to run the newest games at Max settings for very long without problems?

There by why do we care about suicide runs? Sure maybe for the score, maybe to just break a record, but its a near lie to say it has any bearing on normal and long term gamming or use of the computer..

Considering that i can play EVERY game maxxed out without even overclocking except for crysis, i only look at 3dmark06 as a dragrace. Its not really indicative of how games will play, especially not past the 10k mark.

Not at all, for scores to be as meaningful as possible Everyone, every single person should either be maxing out everything in the range of sucide clocks
I agree.

OR everyone should find the max stable clocks at which they can run 24/7 without problems
I don't think that's what this thread is.

But if people choose not to push their systems further, in a top score thread, then they don't get as high score.
So they can't really complain that another person is getting a higher score, if they themselves don't push their systems further. I think that's what Nosboost was getting at.

Its either that or we have two separate lists...
Maybe a list can be made, for stable overclocks only. but that really isn't this thread.

And why do we care about benchmark? For comparisons in real world games, so we can see by this list and assume that so and so because of such score can probably play such and such game at higher settings than I?
Depends who you're talking to, mate.

To some people, overclocking itself is a hobby. They're not in it because they want a few more frames in counter-strike. Their aim is to have the fastest system they can have.

Some people like cars that get you from A to B

some people like cars that can get you from A to be, fast, and reliably.

Some people like cars that can get you from A to B as fast as humanly possible, and don't care how that's achieved.

Considering that i can play EVERY game maxxed out without even overclocking except for crysis, i only look at 3dmark06 as a dragrace. Its not really indicative of how games will play, especially not past the 10k mark.

Yea, shame on them.. :(

I agree.
Maybe a list can be made, for stable overclocks only. but that really isn't this thread.

That would be a great addition to this thread. But who wants to do it?
If noone else volunteers I guess I will.

if it wasnt for this list, i prolyl wouldnt have bought a hr-03 plus to get my ultra to higher clocks and i prolly wouldnt have gotten a q6600.
but i dont regret the upgrades!

I think this thread is more for bragging rights if anything. It's not like we gain a whole lot by pushing our systems to their limits (a few FPS maybe, but that's barely noticable w/out something like Fraps running).

I can run my system at what I got it at 24/7 but I just choose not to because I want to preserve longevity and I'm constantly changing components in my computer. I score higher than 16K even running my system 24/7 so there really isn't much of a problem anyway.

I also do run my games on max settings as well. 3dMark isn't really indicative of what your system is capable of as far as games go.

Back
Top Bottom