*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings* - Page 122 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #1211 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosBoost300 View Post
i hate all you people and your high clocked q6600's
i hate people with Dual-Cores!!!
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #1212 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
i hate people with Dual-Cores!!!
you're getting one for free....
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #1213 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
you're getting one for free....
ya i know.. but its still part of the long waiting game
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #1214 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 4,053
Send a message via MSN to Nick
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
i hate people with Dual-Cores!!!
lol thats me and to make it worse its a dual core on a obselete socket!
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #1215 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Blitersety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Finleyville, PA
Posts: 682
Send a message via AIM to Blitersety
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
14943 | Ste | Q6600 G0 @ 3.7 Ghz | 8800GTX 768MB @ Stock | XP Home 32bit Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

How in the world did you score so high? Are you certain that your GTX is not overclocked? I score just below that with everything pushed to the max, and we both have 2 gigs RAM, q6600, and GTX, except my q6600 is 100mhz slower. Which 8800 GTX do you have? What are the clocks?

edit: wtf? You cheated on your resolution, you have it set to 1152x864. I don't think your score is valid because everyone else has to have theirs set to 1280x1024

__________________
Technology articles, reviews, and more! http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/philipdavis
-Asus P5Q Deluxe
- Intel G0 Q6600
-EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX
-Corsair TX750
-Antec 900 case
-Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HDD - main
-WD 320GB HDD - secondary
-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD - tertiary
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer 3GB DDR2
-Lite-On 20x DVD burner
-Wireless MX-Revolution mouse
-Logitech G11 keyboard
Blitersety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #1216 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitersety View Post
How in the world did you score so high? Are you certain that your GTX is not overclocked? I score just below that with everything pushed to the max, and we both have 2 gigs RAM, q6600, and GTX, except my q6600 is 100mhz slower. Which 8800 GTX do you have? What are the clocks?
Stock, not overclocked at all.

Im not like other members that will do sucide clocks just for a score. Which I think is crap, because you should only run the clocks you run 24/7.... Suicide runs are MEANINGLESS.

The settings I ran are the settings that I play Crysis with.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #1217 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 68
Send a message via AIM to OmegaWeapon
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosBoost300 View Post
i hate all you people and your high clocked q6600's
It took a ton of voltage and nearly killing my cpu to get it to clock that high. I'm now down to only 3.2 for everyday use because I don't want to prematurely kill the cpu.
__________________
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz
Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler
Asus Rampage II Extreme
Nvidia GTX 280 Tri SLI
3 x 2 gig DDR3 Corsair
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 W PSU
OmegaWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #1218 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar
 
Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upon Gleaning Infinity
Posts: 9,577
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeapon View Post
It took a ton of voltage and nearly killing my cpu to get it to clock that high. I'm now down to only 3.2 for everyday use because I don't want to prematurely kill the cpu.

You should only bench using the clocks your using 24/7.

Otherwise its basically lieing...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #1219 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
ricanflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Euless, Tx
Posts: 6,317
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Stock, not overclocked at all.

Im not like other members that will do sucide clocks just for a score. Which I think is crap, because you should only run the clocks you run 24/7.... Suicide runs are MEANINGLESS.

The settings I ran are the settings that I play Crysis with.

I agree.
__________________
3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)



Laptop
P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx



ricanflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #1220 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Blitersety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Finleyville, PA
Posts: 682
Send a message via AIM to Blitersety
Default Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Stock, not overclocked at all.

Im not like other members that will do sucide clocks just for a score. Which I think is crap, because you should only run the clocks you run 24/7.... Suicide runs are MEANINGLESS.

The settings I ran are the settings that I play Crysis with.
The settings that I have mine set to are what I run continuously.

But I think you need to retest your system because from what I can ascertain from your screencap, your resolution is set to 1152x864, but all the other scores that have been posted here were achieved with a resolution of 1280x1024, the default setting. Thus I do not believe your score is valid, because the whole point of this thread is for people to compare their systems to other people's systems. When you start changing the settings, you are compromising one's ability to compare his or her system to yours.

So in essence, you are just as bad of a "liar" as you claim people who run suicide clocks are.
__________________

__________________
Technology articles, reviews, and more! http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/philipdavis
-Asus P5Q Deluxe
- Intel G0 Q6600
-EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX
-Corsair TX750
-Antec 900 case
-Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HDD - main
-WD 320GB HDD - secondary
-Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD - tertiary
-Crucial Ballistix Tracer 3GB DDR2
-Lite-On 20x DVD burner
-Wireless MX-Revolution mouse
-Logitech G11 keyboard
Blitersety is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just to say hi to everyone on the Tech forums!! mAfia_boy New Member Introductions 4 12-30-2009 07:07 PM
Tech Forums Steam Community - Please add DoMiNaT0R_99 or murdocsvan murdocsvan PC Gaming 129 09-02-2008 12:20 PM
Tech Forums Team Fortress 2 Game Oreo PC Gaming 13 10-30-2007 12:58 PM
tech forums drift team Poizen22 Microsoft XBox 4 07-28-2007 07:56 AM
The firepower of Tech Forums. Kharn Off Topic Discussion 12 07-26-2007 01:29 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.