*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

buy cheap ram at circuit city and return it when you get your rma stuff back. i do it all the time with video cards when i am mid-change, rma'ing or using step up.

buy cheap ram at circuit city and return it when you get your rma stuff back. i do it all the time with video cards when i am mid-change, rma'ing or using step up.

That's an idea... I talked to newegg and they said since it was physically damaged they wouldn't take it back. I then talked to the supervisor and he told me to go through gskill rma to see if they could help. If they couldn't then he said he would credit me $40 towards another set... I just filled out the rma form for gskill so I guess we will see what happens...

11,668| Zmatt | Core 2 Duo e7200 @ 3.0ghz | HD4850@ Stock | XP Pro 32bit ORB

3ghz gave me almost 600 more points. When I get a better cooler I can crank her up more.

whats your temps now zmatt? It hard to say what your temps are with these 45nm's because they need so little cooling compared to the 65's...

I think you should be able to get 3.6-3.8 at least with a stock cooler on that thing... definatly you should be able to for sucide runs.

Btw, that sucks shan but you got a nice score... It would just be nice to break 20K you know :)

Btw, that sucks shan but you got a nice score... It would just be nice to break 20K you know :)

Oh I know.. I was just wanting 17K... So close.. I'll try and loosen the timings again and see what I can squeeze out of it... The temps really bug me.. Maybe I'll kick on the air conditioning and take the side of the case off...

whats your temps now zmatt? It hard to say what your temps are with these 45nm's because they need so little cooling compared to the 65's...

I think you should be able to get 3.6-3.8 at least with a stock cooler on that thing... definatly you should be able to for sucide runs.

I'm looking at 38-40C after running it for awhile. It never got over 40 even when running 3dmark. That is with the stock cooler. I'm thinking of ramping it up a bit more soon. Puddle Jumper lent me his stock conroe cooler which is noticeably larger than this one. I'm going to order some MX-2 and see how it performs then.

Back
Top Bottom