*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Hehe yeah ricanflow ....set the resolution to 1680x1050, the AA to 4x and the AF to 16x in the 3dmark console....then see what kind of score you get...

Nah, i didnt see the settings, it was nigh time and i had my contacts off lol.

Just with a simple switch to XP, check out what I got :)

18,036 | TheOtis | Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | 9600GT SLI @ 702/1000 | XP 32bit ORB

I'm going to find my video cards max that's stable, then try and just hit 3.8ghz and see what I get. I'll try 4.0ghz another time. I didn't get a chance to pick up the peltier yesterday, and for some reason I'm having a **** of a time booting @ 3.8 @ 1.53ish, I'll figure it out soon though.

Man otis, I really think you could get to 20k @ 4-4.2ghz....those cards are amazing.....they really give the 8800gt a run for its money when paired up.

Nah, i didnt see the settings, it was nigh time and i had my contacts off lol.

Man otis, I really think you could get to 20k @ 4-4.2ghz....those cards are amazing.....they really give the 8800gt a run for its money when paired up.

BUT, I just don't get it dude. I CAN'T get this thing stable at 3.8ghz @ 1.55 or even 1.56. I don't know what it is, but I get BSOD's and it freezes. Even bringing the memory down to the stock 1066, I just can't get it. Heat isn't a problem, I really don't know what is.

that sucks....if you are doing everything right and it just wont go any higher.
i used to have that problem with my 4200 windsor trying to get it over 3ghz...it drove me crazy.
3.6 is still a rippin clock. try underclocking the memory substantially to make sure thats not the problem.

Or the FSB and NB, could need more voltage. Try running your RAM at a 1:1 ratio.

Or the FSB and NB, could need more voltage. Try running your RAM at a 1:1 ratio.

wahts your vid otis?

Well, when it's set to 1.46(or so, I think that's what its at right now, for 3.6 since it's stable), CPU-Z reads it as 1.163. I turned all the BIOS options for power saving etc off. So why that's so low, I don't know. I'm thinking it maybe reading it wrong?

I'll try a 1:1 and let you know.

Back
Top Bottom