*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

geez nosboost. how in the world did ya hit 3.9 on air? I have the thermalright ultra120 extreme and i cant get above like 3.5 or so. Maybe i didnt have enough voltage. with the phase i was hittin 1.68 volts. havnt tried that high on here yet

I also have the thermalright Hr-03s on my graphics cards. Havnt tried a voltmod yet on these. Heck i havnt done it on a card in a long time. any good guides?hehe

Eh i dont even have the phase anymore. Sold it and bought my wife and me a wii for christmas.

for a 3dmark run.. i think i had something that of 1.5v.. something around there... you're stuck w/ a nasty b3 stepping which is why you're so held back on oc'ing... i'm glad i didnt choose to go w/ the qx6700.. i had the chance to but took the q6600 instead just for the g0 stepping..

i've had a 4.12ghz run also.. but i was running about 1.6v on air, and it was scary, was only able to run super pi.. then never tried again after....

you should sell your qx6700 for some cash.. something that of 400 dollars and pick up a q6600, and then you even got some left over cash for something else :)

and also your mobo is probably a cause too.. i don't think when you bought yours the A1 revisions were even out yet? that could be another difference...

16364 |Black Falcon 921 | Q6600 @ 3.1GHz | 8800GT SLI 512 @ 700/1000 | Vista 64

ORB - Compare

Just messing around should be a little higher later on, cpu not nearly overclocked as much as it could be.....

i didnt purchase 3dmark06, but here are my results:
14,259 | Taintedplay | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 at 3.3GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GT 512 @ 680/950[/COLOR*] | Win XP 32bit | ORB - Result Analyzer

prntscrn-1.jpg

You don't need to purchase it, as the majority of the scores here, aren't.

Updated.

Next time, post like this please:

14,259 | Taintedplay | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 3.3GHz[/COLOR*] | [*COLOR=SeaGreen]8800GT 512 @ 680/950[/COLOR*] | Windows version | ORB - Result Analyzer

And the link is set to private, so we can't see the proof.

I did all the changes you said, but i couldn't figure out how to make the link to public. I just got home from a lan party, so that could be why lol

what, nickm beat me by 15 points..... man, I don't wanna fight this thing back to 2.7ghz though.... Well, this weekend maybe I will give it a try.

for a 3dmark run.. i think i had something that of 1.5v.. something around there... you're stuck w/ a nasty b3 stepping which is why you're so held back on oc'ing... i'm glad i didnt choose to go w/ the qx6700.. i had the chance to but took the q6600 instead just for the g0 stepping..

i've had a 4.12ghz run also.. but i was running about 1.6v on air, and it was scary, was only able to run super pi.. then never tried again after....

you should sell your qx6700 for some cash.. something that of 400 dollars and pick up a q6600, and then you even got some left over cash for something else :)

and also your mobo is probably a cause too.. i don't think when you bought yours the A1 revisions were even out yet? that could be another difference...

Yea i got this mobo right when it came out... same with the cpu. I know the cpu is capable of 4.7ghz@1.68volts,,, cause i had it running on my phase cooler. I guess you could call it stable. I would boot the machine up
and it would start at about negative 70 celsius.... within 30 minutes it would heat up to 0 which is bad.

Was doing some testing last night on overclocking by multiplier compared to fsb. I had it running at 3.5 from the multiplier and then tried it with the fsb instead.. the difference was about 1.5k in 3dmark, pretty impressive i think. In the bios i got the fsb up to 1400. didnt try any higher yet. I barely hit 18,000, havnt done anything with the graphics cards yet

I have been out too long.. what is the stepping thing? i always thought that was the fsb\mem ratio. just tried googling it and didnt find what i was looking for.

its revision

its like a revision of the chips and enhancements are made such as b2 to b3, no erratum bugs (for Phenom) and from b3 to g0, its more oc'able, less power hog

would it really be worth it trade in my qx6700 for a q6600? Then i wont have the multiplier. Once i do that and oc from the fsb... i can adjust the fsb\mem ratio right? or will that be locked too

The Q6600 will just have a locked multiplier. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom