*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

I have a full version. Came with my motherboard. I just don't really like running all the other tests because they just show minor things. I do it only when I'm really looking hard to find a bottleneck in the system.

dont you have an sli setup? you should have that on your sig and have the mods update the board and mention that.

I updated my sig and now just need to get the mods to update the post.

i've been eyeing that striker xtreme more and more.. but w/ the 780i out i just don't know what to get

I bought mine just because it was on sale at compusa store closing. I'm extremely satisfied with it and absolutely love it. I had the same problem in choosing the 780i or the 680i and in the end found that this one just had more experience under its belt. I've read tons of people saying that it does well and the price was right so I got it.

That being said, I have sent in to update my old evga 680i board to 780i to possibly have another build or just see how I like it. If I don't, I can always sell it or use it for something else.

i've been eyeing that striker xtreme more and more.. but w/ the 780i out i just don't know what to get

i would just go with the 780i...incase you plan on getting 2 more gtx's..im just saying, who knows?!?!?:)

well i've already got a 2nd gtx on the way when i have my money on the 28th ;) a for the 3rd.. i'd need some watercooling or something first... no way its gonna cool in anyway good w/ 3 stock cooled gtx's... lol

Thats awesome. I really love my GTs but wouldn't mind having 3 gtx or ultras in SLI.

well i've already got a 2nd gtx on the way when i have my money on the 28th ;) a for the 3rd.. i'd need some watercooling or something first... no way its gonna cool in anyway good w/ 3 stock cooled gtx's... lol

haha...
well how the **** is it gonna be water cooled?
with what space? thats gonna be tough, or maybe im not thinking right.
and man...everytime i get something good, someone does better.
First it was me and mgook on the top 3dmark list...jseber is inactive i think.
And then goes the 8800gt...
but i guess it was bound to happen.

lol ya i've been reading and it seems watercooled tri sli just isnt possible right now, not w/ southbridge being in the way (i think it was south? lol)

but i guess it would run okay w/ a good airflow case.. probably wouldnt be able to overclock though... at least play games overclocked....

ya i've been meaning to try and take up top 5 in the 3dmark.. and i think i'll finally be able to do it.. well once i trash this crap mobo.... i might end up selling it, not 100% sure yet.. if i do decide to keep it.. i'm giong to make a 2nd rig w/ the remaining parts i have

that being another gig of ddr2 667, cd drive, 30gb hdd, 15inch lcd monitor

i'd just buy a 450watt psu or something around that area... use my old x300 gpu, and pick up an e6550 or something.. or e8500 if its out at the time.... or maybe buy a q9650 and shove this q6600 in there.. we'll see how things end up rollin' out

Back
Top Bottom