*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

must be a bad stepping, but my x2 3800+ will not stay stable enough to run anything above 2.75ghz. Even at 1.51V on th Vcore... I am stuck.

16,999 | synergy | E6850 @ 3.8GHz | 8800GT SLI @ 700/1000 | XP Pro 32bit Futuremark - ORB - Project Comparison

uugghh...no matter what I did I couldn't squeeze ONE MORE POINT out of it...omg! I'm gonna try again tomorrow or maybe just wait til my Reapers come. (ordered 4gb of DDR2 1150 today)

I kept failing to get it 3Dmark stable above 3.6 GHz and was getting frustrated. I kept loosening my timings as logic would suggest, but could not get it stable. So I finally tightened the timings to 4-4-4-14, and she handled it great at 3.8. Anything more than that and I BSOD or 3DM craps out.

i thought if you wanna oc really high, you gotta losen your timings?
i couldnt get past 3.3 unless i loosened my timings to 5 5 5 15.

Your right, to achieve faster FSB (linked to ram speed) you will need to relax timings... But to run a higher speed and keep tighter timings... a double bonus.

i thought if you wanna oc really high, you gotta losen your timings?
i couldnt get past 3.3 unless i loosened my timings to 5 5 5 15.
That's the idea, but I am 3DM stable with tighter timings and higher clocks where I wasn't with looser timings. I'm gonna have to run Prime and Orthos to see how it handles.

Back
Top Bottom