*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

yeah...how and why did it fry?
did you try oc little by little, or did you have it jump straight to 2.8?
I got my opty to about 2.6 when i had it, i also had it paired with a 1gb samsung ram and 1gb corsair...suprisinly it was stable.

hmm ok..im going to go for it....hoepfully i can still beat my old 3dmark06 score of 8,333. lol
you got 8333?

That doesn't sound right. I got around 9,800 with my 6000+ at stock, and a single 8800 GTS 320MB at 620MHZ.
The 8800 GT should put your system ahead of that.

i think almost anything will bottleneck those cards. i know for sure you will gain FPS with a 600mhz overclock. no doubt.
that chip is a good tide-over man, it'll treat you right.
you have any idea what happened to your other chip?
true, and im not sure what happened. i hit 2.6 ghz and it wouldnt turn on after that. My DFI mobo has leds that detect errors, it is saying it cant detect the cpu.

yeah...how and why did it fry?
did you try oc little by little, or did you have it jump straight to 2.8?
I got my opty to about 2.6 when i had it, i also had it paired with a 1gb samsung ram and 1gb corsair...suprisinly it was stable.

i did it little by little of course. and I have good ram. same ram i had before when it was stable at 3.0ghz.

you got 8333?

That doesn't sound right. I got around 9,800 with my 6000+ at stock, and a single 8800 GTS 320MB at 620MHZ.
The 8800 GT should put your system ahead of that.
well, when i got 8333, i was only using 1 gig of value ram. My first set of G skills pooped out. Therefore my cpu was set to 2.25 ghz OC, pretty slow. Therefore it bottlenecked the **** out of my 8800gt. I do now have another set of G skills though. so once i get this cpu situation cleared i will hopefully be hitting 10,000+.

hooooo buddy another challenger to my crown.
hah hah. apok is going to get it when he gets his 8800gt.
10K was pretty easy to break, but it really started to slow down after that.

I have an 8800 GT ordered (eVGA KO edition) but it's on backorder, and I don't know when they'll get stock.

I could wait for the 8800 GTS G92 cards with 128 shaders

Short question and think this'd be an ok place to put it. System should be up in about 2 weeks and was wondering about 3DMark06.

Is everyone just running "3DMark06 Advanced"? If thats the case ill just buy the download version :S

Im running free version

Ok update. I just got back from a friends house. he happened to have an opteron 165 laying around and i bought it off of him for 50$. So no 3600 for me. I like optys better anyways. Unfortunately, this one has a horrible stepping and i cant seem to get the clock past 2.46ghz, so i will leave it at that for now. New 3dmark score little higher then my old, but still not what it should be. I guess my clock is holding me back?

8,879 | hmammen| Opteron 165@2.46ghz | 8800GT 635/1000 | XP 32bit Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

and some screenies-

nope.. most of us use the basic free edition... thats where the standard comes from.. basic 3dmark

Haha. And here I've been thinking how cool it is that we both got the same frickin' score to the point! Oh well.
BTW - Why aren't the other GTS's able to clock up at 700 range? I've seen it done on other forums...

Back
Top Bottom