*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark 11 Rankings*

Any advice? I'm not too bothered about a benchmark particularly but it would be nice.

OC that 2500K up to 4.8GHz or 5GHz to help it some. Do you have the latest driver or beta driver? The 275.50 beta driver was unstable for me at higher clocks so I'm using the WHQL 275.33 driver. Make sure you have a good clean driver install. In the Nvidia Control Panel go to the Manage 3D settings and change any setting that offers a performance setting, Disable AA & AF, etc... Try temporarily disabling some services that aren't needed to just run the benchmark and go online to post your score (write the adjusted services down so you can restore the settings). Go to msconfig and disable any startup programs that aren't need to run the benchmark (write them down). Restart the system and run your benchmark from a "Fresh" restart.

I enabled HT but I had to lower my video OC a little.

P11,192 | Slaymate | i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz | GTX 480 2-way SLI @ 775/1975/1550 | W7 x64 | ORB

11192.jpg

Nice max temps you've got there.
Thanks. Not much difference from 4.6GHz, though. About 80~100 gain.
My GPU has just a stock fan but I'm putting 127CFM 120mm Panaflo blowing on to the back side of GPU.
So all the hot air goes out to the back. (Since this isn't a reference design, the fan is at the middle)
Also made GPU fan control at 10c/10% increment.
It made my temp down 7c~10 or so. I used to get 84c. but now it stays around 75~78c.
Also it helps to avoid the hot air being kept inside the case.

Back
Top Bottom