Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!! (56K Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!!

yeah.. i'm .45ghz faster than yours so that's part of it.. It runs fine at 3.45 with 1.4v and when i try 3.5 @ 1.6v/1.8v/2v it just doesn't go... My ram can take the speeds alright, so I think its probably the boards FSB limit even though its under 400.. which sucks hard..

I think you should just go back to stock settings dude.

You had your fun...take the sucker back down so you can use as little power as possible.

negative! Now comes the fun part which includes 3dmark06 and overclocking my 9600gt :)

Oh yeah well after those lol.

I have an E1200 i can play with but when i tried ocing at first it wouldint post so i havent messed with it since.

ahh! i would love to get my hands on one of those. but it seems a bit silly to just mess around with 2 low end chips. I'm hoping to get my hands on a nice phenom/tri-core and a really good mobo and gfx card from amd/ati people and do some reviewing stuff and overclock it to no end :)

in the mean time i should probably get a keyboard and start folding on the rig..

And this comes from a guy who folds 24/7 plus has an o'ced cpu himself :p:p

;)

my main cpu is only oc'd to 3ghz from 2.6ghz and i dont fold on it.

I just let the gpu's do the task. But im considering selling that E1200 and grabbing the same celly as him to cut down power usage a bit.

^^ You could just undercxlock your E1200 and lower the voltage and it should get you closer to his chip's power consumption without buying a new cpu.

if you've got a microcenter around you there on sale for 30. as opposed to newegg which is more plus shipping. so yeah its cool. yeah its a nice chip too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom