Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!! (56K Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
So nos has his own page, why not I.

Just picked some stuff up from Microcenter today when I made the long hour+ haul to Cambridge. Here's the setup.

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
2GB PNY Value Ram, DDR2-533
Antec Basiq 500w PSU
Artic Freezer 7
Intel Celeron D 430 (yeah that's right)

This is all for my server, but I figure it's a core2 so I'll have a bit of OC'ing fun with it first ;)

All OC'ing will be done under Server 2008 with Intel CPU Burn and other fun ****. I'll get pics up and ss's of cpu-z/coretemp in a bit !

My goal for this is <15 seconds on superpi and 3.0ghz +

Re: Official Peter.Cort Overclocking Thread!!!

So nos has his own page, why not I.

Just picked some stuff up from Microcenter today when I made the long hour+ haul to Cambridge. Here's the setup.

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
2GB PNY Value Ram, DDR2-533
Antec Basiq 500w PSU
Artic Freezer 7
Intel Celeron D 430 (yeah that's right)

This is all for my server, but I figure it's a core2 so I'll have a bit of OC'ing fun with it first ;)

All OC'ing will be done under Server 2008 with Intel CPU Burn and other fun ****. I'll get pics up and ss's of cpu-z/coretemp in a bit !

My goal for this is <15 seconds on superpi and 3.0ghz +
your kiding right you got a celeron for a server? thats like using a snow mobile in the summer, sure it can be done but it really isnt what it is meant for.

...its a server bro. it's not gonna be a powerhouse 3dmark06 record taker. I just need something to hold all my files and such ;)

Nothing wrong with cellys, the E1200 is a nice chip which i have. the d series
arent as good but this aint no 3dmark machine.

Its just a server a single core cpu will do fine.

Hey peter think you could throw like a cheap 8600GT or GTS in there to help
out the team with F@H??

Or one of these:
Newegg.com - Open Box: MSI N9500GT MD512Z GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

...just something to help were almost at the 100K mark.

I would love to, but I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment. I've got a x1050 that I'm gonna be using right now as a vga adapter, and when i get a bit more money i'll see how much i can get one for and pop it in :)

I don't think you will be able to get less than 15s at superpi. Cache makes a lot of difference on it and the 512k of L2 on the Celeron will really hold you back.

Good luck ocing it though. I'm curios to see someone push one of the Core 2 Celerons.

yeah, i had that problem with my e7200... I couldn't get nearly the superpi speeds as some of my quad counterparts at the same clock :( but yeah i'm accustomed to that....

also I'll have some results up a bit later as the fking card i bought was AGP rather than pcie or pci... so yeah its a bit of an issue haha. i'm gonna try and get a cheap-o pci card so i can run some benchies!

and to verny, will the 8400 fold?

8400GS will but very slowly..too slow actually.

The cards you should look at would be 9500GT, 9600GT or 8600GTS. Or if you look around on forums, you might be able to score a used 8800 for cheap, a 320mb went for $60 the other day. I would recommend something from the ATI camp, but they get less ppd for the money and actually need a stronger cpu to run good.

Snap, i just realized you got the 35watt celly!! Thats a nice chip, super low
powered i should have got it for my folding rig myself.

fold the **** outta this machine....try and find a cheap 8800 series gpu...

wat exactly are you going to be hosting on this server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom