The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its ok for you guys not to believe in AMD, regardless i will be buying a 940 chip and a 790GX board come in January and will start my mission to 4ghz.

also I'm still sort of doubting the average clock will be 4+ghz....seeing as they couldn't even do 4ghz on air, and it took 1.55V.....then 4ghz on water required 1.7V, and 5.xxghz required 1.9V!

Its ok for you guys not to believe in AMD, regardless i will be buying a 940 chip and a 790GX board come in January and will start my mission to 4ghz.

When did I say I don't believe in AMD? That said I don't believe the completely unsupported statement that deneb is as fast as i7 clock for clock, the link you provided only mentioned clock speeds, not clock for clock performance. Jut because deneb may be able to clock as high as i7 does not mean it will be as fast. Netburst can clock higher than Core 2 but it isn't faster.

Hmmm looks like ive taken the comment out of context.

But this forum in general has been Intel biased, and im tired of seeing it. Even if performance doesnt match i7 clock for clock, pricing will still be much cheaper since you dont need ddr3 and can use current $150 boards, as well as current coolers.

Anyways, we have less than two months till launch and im very excited. Im not liking the selection of boards available in the 790GX/SB750 platform though.

yes we should all try to keep an even keel and regarding AMD and intel. i never try to talk someone out of buying an AMD rig...if that is what they want, that is what they want. i like AMD and will soon have my trusty 3600 brisbane up and folding away. if they come up with a comprable chip to the good intels i will be interested in getting one of those as well.

i don't think there's an intel bias, i think intel is faster so it gets recommended and purchased more. they have faster procs and less expensive procs, also there are generally more well known boards so its easier to pair a e8400 and a biostar ip45 than a phenom 9850 and a gigabyte 790gx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom