The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i can sell my cpu for 350 easy... and board for at least 125-145 if lucky... and i don't mind spewing out for cpu...

but i'll wait for pricedrops

gtx260 sli is more important to me...

cuz then i'd need a new waterblock as well :(

exactly. I figure 200 for cpu,200 ram and 160 for my board which I believe is a smoking deal considering its $300 new. Worse comes to worse I'll keep ram to run in nahalem.
Dude we need to stop talking about this. Its starting to convince me

man my threads got 66 pages.. i'm awesome :p

i might buy a nahalem board in december.. but not have an actual system ready til january.. i don't mind buying it in pieces... i'm okay with mobo prices, but i might wanna wait for cpu revisions before anything

and rican.. you plan on sli'ing some gtx260's then? lol i don't think a single card and nahalem will beat gtx260 sli and qx6850 at 4.2 ghz :p

man my threads got 66 pages.. i'm awesome :p

i might buy a nahalem board in december.. but not have an actual system ready til january.. i don't mind buying it in pieces... i'm okay with mobo prices, but i might wanna wait for cpu revisions before anything

and rican.. you plan on sli'ing some gtx260's then? lol i don't think a single card and nahalem will beat gtx260 sli and qx6850 at 4.2 ghz :p

If i were to build a system like that you know i would go at least two-way SLI.

in alot of the benches a stock 920 is 2x faster then my q6600 :( and about 20 fps faster in most games. and these thigns can over clock to 3.8 on a crapy zalman 9700!!! all i need is new retainign rbacket, and i could be set ! :D im sure my q6600 at 3.6 is only just as fast as the stock 920. i have to wait to get my nikon d90 before i can get any new pc parts besides ram and a new hd.

eh 20 fps... i find that hard to believe on larger resolutions... on large resolutions the cpu is never really a big factor...

i have to see it to believe it..

are you sure those werent 800x600 and 1024x768 runs... they usually do low res to check cpu usage on games

oh.. and tomorrow... 20k 3dmark06... PROMISE!!!

i see it as the cpu lifting miore botle enck on our insanely fast gpu's the cpu wotn affect much but it will allow the gfx cards to run faster think of it as having to pump water thru a hole you can pum harder but if the hole is only so big pumping harder only makes a litle diference, make the hole bigger, your water will flow faster with out having to pump as hard. think of it as water cooling preaty much, 1/2" tubing is easier on a pump then 3/8

i don't think it works that way.... the game will only draw as much cpu power as it needs..

my oc from 2.4 ghz to 4.0ghz in crysis made 0 difference..
i guess the game is a big factor in this as well

that is not a valid comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom