The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay reformatted with vista x64.. its working fine now.. i'm gonna guess it just corrupted some windows files..

now installing xp on a 2nd partition... finally gonna dual boot.. xp for benching.. vista for gaming!

ya i just wanted to bump my thread cuz i'm awesome

and hey.. that was our little secret don't you spread that :p

question for all of you

i just installed vista on a 20gb partition.. then after in installed xp on the remainder 10gb partition on my hdd...

now after installing xp.. i can't boot into vista.. i don't even get the boot selection screen!!! how do i get to this?!

can you get into XP?? when does it die?? do you get to the point where it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data"

ya i got into xp.. that was the only os i could go into..

i tried messing with boot ini and screwed up everything.. so i'm just on xp right now

i'll be adding xp onto the same partition.. its all gravy

just figured out how to make the sound come out of my picture in picture on my tv.. so now i'm watching some american dad while on the compy :)

sidenote: it only took me about 1:20 min to unpack 4gb and transfer it :) while doing other tasks

installing crysis warhead to do testing on dx10 very high :)

WOW... just ran crysis 1920x1080 on very high.. on holy crap its incredibly playable (crysis warhead) omg.. it look freaking beautiful, the motion blur set all the way.. the game was absolutely amazing.. and had no stutter... maybe sometimes i could tell it was 20-25 fps.. it still look dang smooth and i didnt mind playing at all... wow.. my mind is blown.. i love my computer :)

anywho.. time for crysis benchmark if i can get it working

ooohhh... i wanna see these Warhead results... FC2 too if you've got it (keen to see if these new drivers helped fix up the multi card compatibility)

lol... funny how amusing a simple feature such as audio can be

if you installed Vista first, the installation of XP removes Vista's bootloader from the MBR... so you'll have to bring that back from the dead and configure it to control both OSes... to do this, do this:

1) Whack in your Vista DVD and wait till you can select the option "Repair Your Computer"

2) Now choose your master Vista installation (there is should only be one... unless you really love Vista) and hit next.

3) Now choose "Startup Repair" from the next menu and wait till the process finishes... now Vista (at least) should be able to boot

4) Now we'll configure the Vista bootloader to control both itselfand XP... there's pure script ways to do this, but its faster and less likely to go wrong if you use EasyBCD. So launch the app and go to "Add/Remove Entries".

5)Now in "Add an Entry," under the Windows tab, set the version to Windows NT/2K/XP/2K3, select your XP drive, and give the installation a name (which will appear as the OS name when you boot up)

vista_xp_easybcd.article-width.jpg

6) Reboot and you've got a system ready to run both Vista and XP!!

hope that fixes your problem nos

lol already re isntalled vista.. i no longer have xp installed!!! haha a bit too late.. but i know i will need this soon!!

i'm going to reinstall xp.. onto the same partition.. hopefully it doesnt harm anything.. i've done it before, so i don't see why it would

as for the crysis bench... i have a bootleg one.. lol never seen this one before.. someone needs to find me the real one.. i've gotten 2.. and both arent right!

uploading crysis warhead photos now... i forgot to leave the fraps counter there

but i'll tell you what!! all enthusiast.. all components bone stock.. i never saw the meter hit below 30fps

Crysis2008-12-0804-03-29-31.jpg

frame dropped to 29 fps for that shot ;) thats the lowest i've seen...

now overclocked... walking around yields 40fps... dips in battle with explosion down to 30fps... some scene even gave me 50-60fps
warhead definitely has some dumbed down textures though.. i wish i had regular crysis to play with

30fps+ on Enthusiast @ stock... very nice results... i wanna see what you can do with those cards OCed some... the CPU wont make much difference, but if you can pull 15-20% more outta those cards, you'll be set!!

ya i gave em an oc'd run... i'd say average was 40fps

now i know if this was regular crysis that average would drop 10-15fps.. because warhead just does not look so good

i did a 20 sec recording on fraps thinking it would be a small file.. but whoops... 400mb's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom