The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ yep... with the 965, its this turbo mode multi that you can actually change (on purely Intel platforms)... you can disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS... on the Intel sample boards i believe it was "Dynamic Speed Technology" which required you to use speedstep as well... on other boards (I know the P6T Deluxe, but i think Gigabytes can as well) you can disable turbo boost, and set the multi to that +1 state

You can't set the multi at 21, only 20, 21 is only accessible with turbo mode.

the 965 comes with a fully unlocked multi. I don't think you can change the turbo multi, you can change the TDP of the chip.

the multi OCing with the 965 depends what kind of board you've got... if its an Intel reference board then you can only change the TB multi (as far as im aware), but with any other board, you can just disable TB and set the multi wherever you want

not on stock cooler!!!! i can do 4.0 with the turbo mode...

but it seems i've hit the point where you need to slab on some MASSIVE voltage for more mhz

the temps idle were scarring the crap out of me... 55 idle is serious business... once i get watercooling i'm sure i'l do 4.0+ without a doubt though

I forgot what the new Intel socket is called lol. AM3's been running through my mind a lot more often lately.

So with water cooling, you should be able to smash through the 4.00ghz barrier :)

Maybe attain as high as 5.00ghz.

5.0ghz may be a stretch... a pretty big one :p

i havent really seen many watercooling results on this.. so i can't really say!!! but i'll definitely try... even if just for a super pi run

dont underestimate how hard it'll be to get stable much past 4-4.2GHz... with water, you'll be able to do it, but you might have to play with the voltages quite a bit... 4GHz should be no problem to run 24/7, you might even be able to squeeze out 4.2GHz, but dont expect to get really stable at much beyond that... suicide for sure, you'll be able to crack out some insane pi scores at 4.5GHz+, but not much else

oh yeah... what kinda voltage are you puttin through that thing to get 4GHz, nos? most of those chips should be able to do 4.5GHz with <1.5V... actually saw a 4.4 run with only 1.39V in the BIOS

EDIT: the highest clock i've seen on water anywhere on the net is 4.65GHz (vcore was 1.55V btw)... thats a base clock of 221MHz, which is really stretching modern mobos... in 6 months or so, we'll probably see BCLKs around 250 or so... but that was just a suicide run, so you might be able to hit that speed for a pi run nos, but you'll have to really work the QPI for that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom