Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like having a little competition next week guru? :)

My E8500 and everything else is in just have to wait for the GTX 260 and I'll be ready to go! I think it's coming in tomorrow.

that was on your 780i wasn't it nos?? those things dont seem to have enough options for really high FSB and memory clocks... the best OCing boards i've had have to be this Gigabyte board and a P35 based LANParty (T2R, i believe it was) i had about a year ago

bong.. nah it was on my old biostar p45.. the dividers sucked... i didnt update the bios though

i never tried overclocking the e8500 on the 780i.. i only had it hooked up to it for a few days :( i think i coulda pulled some nice clocks on there since i had it vdrop pencil modded and could do unlinked ram

im gonna go ahead and guess SPi and 3dmark??

oh yeah... those boards tend to be pretty sweet, but they dont have enough memory controls for my liking

true... thats a great feature of the 780i boards, removing the RAM factor would probably let me get higher with this rig...

what kind of competition?

Just go through the usual CPU speed tests and see how far we can push these babies. I hoping to get 5GHz even if it isn't stable. Nothing serious mate just a friendly competition. If you want we can do some 3DMark tests and anything you think would be good.

And nos man, change your av lol. Wtf is that?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom