Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 4ghz with 1.625v's.... Not my idea of comfortable for 24/7... even if load temps were 62c's.

How about this for daily usage?

untitled-2.jpg

I've already tested it for 2 hours, appears to run fine. Mass Effect ran like a pro, except my GPU is bad... gonna buy a 4850 and RMA this one...

^^^ Man i need watercooling... I cant run over 3.45ghz without it getting too hot for comfort running smal FFT's in prime95... at my current 3.42ghz it still hits 62C full load - did you have to loosen your ram timings to make it run that fast? I had a hard time getting it stable anything over 3.5 - on top of the head issue....

Officially a member of the 4Ghz club, I feel like a superhero...

My machine is sitting right next to my keyboard scattered about without a case, ordering one tomorrow, not sure if I want to be cliche and get an Antec Nine Hundred or go with an AeroCool AeroEngine Plus.

Processor: Intel e8400 Core 2 Duo
Stepping: 6
Revision: C0
Final Clock: 4.0Ghz (445 x9 )
Final Vcore: 1.334 Volts

Power supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Duo
MotherBoard: GIGABYTE DS3L (Rev 2.0)
RAM: Patriot Extreme 2 x 512MB (2GB more coming soon)
RAM Speed: 1068Mhz! (and its DDR2 800)
Timmings: 5-5-5-20
RAM to FSB: 5:6
Final RAM Voltage: 2.3 Volts

Stress testing program: Orthos
Hour of Stability: 10 Minutes
Idle Temparture: Not sure, CoreTemp is recording wrong temps.
Max Load Temparture: " "
Reason for Stress Test End: I wanted to get on TechForum already and post this.

Heatsink: Stock Intel (Getting something nicer soon) ..Very cold in here.
Thermal Paste: Stock strips.
Lapped Heatsink: No
Lapped Processor: No

Link

Common dude, 10 minutes?? You don't srly expect me to accept 10 minutes?

"hours of stability" :p

^^^ Man i need watercooling... I cant run over 3.45ghz without it getting too hot for comfort running smal FFT's in prime95... at my current 3.42ghz it still hits 62C full load - did you have to loosen your ram timings to make it run that fast? I had a hard time getting it stable anything over 3.5 - on top of the head issue....

I left everything on auto except the vcore, fsb, and some other small stuff. I haven't touched the ram at all.

I get mixed opinons on how much voltage I should be putting into the thing... on XS half of them say "ITS FINE GO AHEAD!" and the other half say "zomg 1.4v's max!!!"

I do want to make this board + proc last btw... hehe

on a g0 quad you don't really have to worry about voltage. Although personally I would not be comfortable with more than 1.55v 24/7

Hey Drizzt5, what's that shell mod you're using on your vista? and does it support vista 64?

This thread is great, I'm gonna try over clocking my Q6600 in a few days when i get a new case.

Its just a program, It's a cheap rip off copy from wincustomize that you can get for free at alienware.com. And my OS is actually XP. It probably works on vista.

BTW, how should I adjust my cpuPL for my q6600? I left it on AUTO while OC'ing cause I wasn't sure.

Yo here, are some screenies of my bios, Could I get some suggestions on what I should change/use and stuff..... I kind of guess and checked these settings up to this point, they are OCCT 7 HOURS stable, but sometimes it won't POST the first time, lol! I have a feeling it's my RAM...

Anyways, my goal is to have mostly my OWN settings, without AUTO... because I already reached 3.9ghz stable with mostly auto settings and I want to fine tune my system with my own settings to get some better performance and perhaps more stability. Suggestions please!

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

Double post unavoidable, I could of started a new topic :p

they are almost identical to my settings except I have
AI clock twister- light
trans boosteR- disabled
NB- 1.49 (I'll fine tune this later)
FSBT- 1.26
SB voltage-1.050
SB 1.5v- 1.50v

Drizzt, are those settings for 3.6ghz