** Official ATI RV700 and RV770 Thread **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. The anticipation is killing me. I can't wait till my cpu and mobo come in. Just wait ultimate pwnage will be unleashed. the HD4850 is the king of awesome!

Do you know if there are unlocked 4870 BIOS's?

I'd like to replace my 3870's with 4870's, when I get my tax return...
I've heard that coolers for 3850's and 3870's mostly work on 4850's and 4870's. I've got two Thermalright HR-03 GT's currently.

you can flash your bios to change the clocks....but currently there's no way to change the voltage. People are trying to figure it out though.

And yes the 38xx coolers work, the HR-03 GTs would do a great job

where can I find an unlocked BIOS for the 4870's?
I've got two flash utilities that should work with them (and I have 4 PCI-E video cards I could use to recover them if the flash goes bad)

actually I don't see anyone over at xs flashing their 4870s for clocks. Perhaps they can't get it stable over 790mhz (ccc limit), and since no one knows how to increase voltage yet that's the limit.

If you want to try download some stock bioses from the techpowerup database, use RBE v1.11 to edit them and the latest version of atiflash to flash them. I would only use those tools as the 4870s have a much different bios than anything else previously...it's 128kb instead of 64kb because of the additional gDDR5 instructions

Apparently Diamond is going to offer an unlocked 4870. Maybe if somebody got their hands on one and grabbed the BIOS from it, it could be used for other 4870's...

I have recently purchased a 4850 because my 8800GT up and died on me :(
I have a question regarding 4850 fan control. I edited the fan settings in my bios, set the min duty cycle to 50% yet in gpuz it still reports as 0%. Any tips?

ATI overdrive only reports GPU temp and GPU load, nothing there about fan speed. is it somewhere else in CCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom