OCing a XfX 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Presently oc'd with Riva to 400/1130. Even with the use of the new Nvidia forceware on the lastest drivers it will not let me oc any high than these settings as the testing scenario fails above these clock speeds. I was hoping to get this card closer to the 6800 ultra clock speeds but I'm not even close. at the above settings the GPU core temp at rest is on 52 degrees C (in the refigerator!!). should I attempt to go higher or just forget about higher FPS for Q4 and UT 2004 tourney and wait till I can afford a Dual PCIe mobo and cards>?

Well what ever you do dont get the sli, it's a waste of money, if you're going to upgrade get a single PCI-E mobo, and a eVGA 7800GT or eVGA 7800GTX if you can afford that.

I have read the dope on the new versions of the "Vodo 2" and the persformance rates are pretty weak given the cost of upgrades to dual PCIe. I had two of those (Vodo' 2's) cards installed on a pI 133mhz system and they were not cost affective. The two cards gave no real world advantage of runing just one for the new OpenGl concept in 3d rendering. I think Nvidia probably has a "good idea" in the core of new tech GPU advancements but it seems stange to me not to enhance AGP given that it is a dedicated to the Norhtbrigde. Are PCIe cards Northbridge or southbridge.????? If they are Southbridge like other PCI add ons then they are making a really bad technology decision as are the Mobo manufactures for the sake of "eye candy". A 16x Ultra AGP on the Northbridge sounds a heck of lot more appealing to me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom