OCing: X2 3600+, evga 8800, and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, so should be done my case mods tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, will post some pics of the paint and wire management when I'm through. Have to get the OC'ing done before my LAN party starting Friday.

Q1: Does it matter which you start with when OC'ing? CPU vs RAM vs video? I was going to hit my CPU first then the video card and then RAM...make sense? I'm guessing the best return on my efforts will be the CPU correct?

Q2: should i update my BIOS with the latest downloads from eVGA? I'd have to dig up some floppy drive (what are they thinking REQUIRING a floppy for updating BIOS???) should i do that before OC'ing?

Thanks!

Once you increase the FSB on your CPU, it should also increase the speed of the RAM. But then later on, you'll have to downclock the RAM so that it'll be stable.

VGA overclocking can be overclocked anytime you want.

There isn't a need to really update your BIOS unless something went wrong with it.

no...it means they allow you to set the CPU speed and the RAM speed individually...my mobo has a setting for the FSB, and then another one for the Memory Clock, i set my memory clock at 800mhz, and then up'd my FSB to 333...and then i set my memory clock to 1000mhz after the 3.0ghz was stable.

only some mobos have it...

hey AP4LIFETN, what did you use to OC ur GPU?

I see ur FSB is at 333. I had mine at that too then i went to 366 right away and got the blue screen of death.

So now im back to stock.

I need to OC it back to 3.0 and my RAM too so i can try 3.3

As for the GPU, ATi Tool doesnt work on Vista, at least on mine it didnt. And once u find the clock for ur GPU...... what or how do u keep it permanent.

Also, whats ur GPU temp at full load and idle?

When I OC'ed mine using nTune which was temporary only i went to 650/950 and temp got up to 80C at full load. I think way too hot.

Whats the max temp for the 8800GTS?

i got my processor up to 3.6 with EIST and C1E disabled, but my idle temps were in the low 30's, so i stepped it down to 3.0 with EIST on, and stock voltage...idles at like 20-22C...your ram should be able to take a good overclocking..i got the HZ's and i got them to ddr2-1000 @ 2.1v, which is under the manufactured suggested of 2.2 and 100% stable.

i used ATiTool to OC my GPU, u'd have to set it everytime you restart unless you want to flash your video card with the new profile..which can be a bit risky...my 576/1700mhz setting idles at like 50, load is about 63 or so...oc'd to 675/1950..it idles at like 55, and load is about 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom