OCing running and stress testing E6230@2.450GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiders_best

In Runtime
Im using prime 95 on both cores and its been testing for about 20 mins and temps have reached 52C max so far no errors
E6320 @ 7x350=2450 :) testing as im typing this

Really im Using a DS3 too thats weird i overclocked a little more to this
2.730 i am now testing it now according to Core Temp my idle temps are at 40C

BTW what are safe temps?

Umm im not sure about safe temps. I overclocked mine to 2.4 and it was stable, so i pushed it a little further and it wouldn't boot, and it would reset my settings to 1.86ghz. I had the vcore pushed up, someone told me to push the shipset voltage up too, so i might try again.

As you can see, mine is at 3.15ghz, so I'll let you know what my settings are, hopefully that can help you guys reach higher clocks. I might not remember them all off the top of my head, but here goes:

CPU Voltage 1.36
Memory Voltage +.2
MCH + .1
FSB + .1
RAM timings 5-5-5-15

I have all the CPU options which change the speed based on usage turned off, and I think that's it.

When I was testing mine for stability it was crazy. Right now I'm running at 48C at 100% load with folding the SMP client, but when I was stressing it with ORTHOS it was going up to 57C! That program is freaking crazy.

Thanks for the settings. I was only increasing the Vcore so i will try to use the other settings that you posted.

Edit used ur setting and as i type this im at 3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom