Ocing quandry

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
Thought the title might provoke a few more viewers:beard:

I have a couple of quick questions on OCing my system, as listed below.

I am currently running my HTT at 250MHz and my HT multiplier at 3x( front side bus for my mobo is 800) and my memory I have set to 200MHz but for some reason if I leave the HTT at 200MHz the RAM runs at DDR333 instead of 400. I know this has something to do with the fact that its a s754 system.

I've also read a few OCing Guides and one for s754 and noticed that in his,s754 guide, the max he could get was 250HTT before his memory would become the limiting factor. I apparently don't seem to have this problem??? but I am confused as to why it was so easy to run the HTT at 250? Did I do something wrong that could damage my system?? If it's possible to raise my Memory I would love to, maybe I could hit 3GHz??

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong please

3ghz will need a fair bit of cooling. keep in mind to do it in small steps and if it becomes unstable increment cpu voltage (vcore) SLIGHTLY. i'm not sure what the max voltage setting is for your processor but make sure you are well aware of maximum temps and voltages so you don't take things too far. also remember at each level you overclock run some stability tests on both your cpu and memory. if the overclock becomes unstable and increasing vcore doesn't stabilise it you can try upping the voltage of your ram (vdimm) or increasing the timings of the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom