OC'ing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawrBeast

Baseband Member
I'm writing this on my ps3 because my stupid friend told me to OC at 400 to achieve the best stable speed so i do it and now it doesn't post and if it does it will restart or freeze. So i am wondering if anyone has an idea on how i can reset my bios without going into it?

my mobo is an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
my processor is an intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4GHz:freak:

there should be a jumper down towards the bottom of the board, but refer to mobo manual because every mobo is diffrent.

so this jumper is a switch?
i found the raid jumper:( no luck with cmos one

removed the video card took out the cmos battery and now she works :D

for the future, there should be a set of 2 pins on your mobo near the USB and IEEE 1394 headers and the onboard Power Switch with the words CLR_CMOS written near it... turn off the AC power and put an IDE or Optical jumper on these pins and wait a minute or 2

Shouldn't the ASUS have failed OC protection? It should be new enough. If you can't find the CMOS jumper then try to get it to post and go into BIOS and reset the options. And next time don't listen to your stupid friends :p Over Clocking is a complex thing that takes patience and hardware know how. If you want to do it right we can help, but don't just mess with some setting and hope it works.

i woulda have thought the entire p5 series woulda had failed OC protect... apparently not

as zmatt said, dont just go pumpin up things that you dont know about... more than likely, with auto settings its just gonna die on you... but if you post a thread and ask how to do it right, everyone would be more than willing to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom