Ocing Opteron 180.. whats too much voltage? +3mv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
My Friend, Drizzt wanted me to help him OverClock his processor. On his mobo he has these voltage options, +1, +2, +3 mv... And i believe thats it! Now I went to Oc this and when I was testing for stablity, It crashed I don't remeber what it was at but it was I belive 2.55 around there.... He's bummed at the fact that it won't oc far... Any Ideas sugguestions.. What about memory? what should I do to get that out of the equation? Thanks ZDATK

I'm Pretty sure, the mobo is a winfast.. its a subcompany of Foxconn... I've never heard of it till I built this rig... Yeah, I'm almost positve its max is 3mV... I will check next ocing session but I'm almost 100% positve.

well .003v isn't going to help much at all.

anyway even if it was +.3v then that would be perfectly safe as long as temps are under control

^^ yeah... IDK if we are going to be able to hit 2.8 though... :( that was his goal... Anyway, Any ideas for what to put his ram at to get the FSB stable at higher clocks?

I'm Pretty sure, the mobo is a winfast.. its a subcompany of Foxconn... I've never heard of it till I built this rig... Yeah, I'm almost positve its max is 3mV... I will check next ocing session but I'm almost 100% positve.

i know what your on about i have a winast MATX skt 939 mobo, dosnt it start at 1.40v then you can add 20mv up to 140mv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom