Ocing my vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
i was trying to oc my 128mb radeon 9700pro, i went in to ati too, made a new profile, oced the core and mem by about 30mhz, went to set clock, opend it up agin cos i wasnt sure if it had worked and my pc rebooted?

Use the max memory clock and max core clock speed tools. It makes overclocking your video card much easier and safer.

ok i just tried it i clicked find max core, and about 2 seconds after doing that, it went beep and restarted?

ok, i just put a spare 80mm fan under the vga, so its nice and cool now, but still it reboots when i try and oc

yea thats what i thought, but i only uped it by like one and it rebooted

ok, so ive reliesed that if i up the mem the tiniest bit it reboots, so obvioulsy i have to leave that be but i can oc the core alot.
anything else i could do to it, flash it, unlock pipes ect?

well i just ran 3d mark06, and got a staggering 399

this sucks i cant OC it at all, i went to create new profile, and went to find max core, and after like 3 seconds it locks up, goes beep, and reboots, but then i tried it again and i got the core to 370, and it was fine, i really dont get what the prob is, any ideas?

roight im usin rivertuner now, it seems more succesful, but wats better to have hihg, core or mem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom